None of the services are running?
Posted by: Mike (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 06:11PM

I have clicked and reclicked start both services and done so through their respective sub menus, but they run for like two seconds and then stop... localhost doesnt work as well- an extra detail if its useful

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: None of the services are running?
Posted by: RealNubSlayer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 12:11AM

My recommendation is to check your computers security. I can see that some computer security programs would disallow the running of a server on your computer. They could think you were being hacked.. Try disabling all yor firewall for a minute, and running wampserver.. If it works turn your firewalls anti-viruses, etc. back on and reconfigure them... It could have been something overlooked like, "Ah error, someones hacking me something bad is happening, block it." My friend came over and did that too me once smiling smiley

RJMe: None of the services are running?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 10:23AM

Make sure you do not have skype running, it uses port 80, which is the same port apache uses. if skype is running, then apache will not start. also make sure your filewall allows apache to run and use port 80. Norton has some problems with WAMP.

Also, i recommend you do not use services, you should use the icon in the taskbar to start and stop apche/mysql. If you set them as services, then they will always be on. this is not recommended as WAMP has no security in place to protet it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.