phpMyAdmin not working after upgrade
Posted by: NickJohn12 (---.natcky.res.rr.com)
Date: September 14, 2017 12:11PM

I recently upgraded from PHP 5.5 to 5.6. After this, I started having issues with phpMyAdmin so I upgraded it to 4.7.4.

The issue I'm having is that anything ajax related with phpMyAdmin doesn't seem to function. The requests seemingly get sent by phpMyAdmin, but the server never responds. The requests largely seem blank; no headers, params or cookie information is visible in the dev console.

You can see more info on Stack Overflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45955779/clicking-refresh-crashes-phpmyadmin). Any information would be appreciated. I'm stuck and this is really hampering my productivity.

1. Windows 10
2. WampServer 2.5
3. Apache 2.5
4. PHP 5.6.25
5. MySQL 5.6.17
6 .W is green.
7. 127.0.0.1 localhost
8. Yes
8a. No
9. Yes
10. No error message
11. Norton
12. C:/wamp/
13. None

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2017 03:34PM by NickJohn12.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin not working after upgrade
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 14, 2017 01:48PM

Date: September 14, 2017 03:35PM

I've updated the original post to include the information.

Date: September 14, 2017 03:44PM

Hi,

Wampserver 2.5, it really starts to date!

Nevertheless, even with version 2.5, and the new PHP and PhpMyAdmin versions, it is essential...
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
And you will find all the packages on [wampserver.aviatechno.net] in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

You can upgrade your Wampserver 2.5 to Wampserver 3.0.3 and then to Wampserver 3.1.1 see WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

Note : You write > 7. 127.0.0.1 localhost
The hosts file must be
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2017 03:45PM by Otomatic.

Date: September 26, 2017 09:32PM

I've updated from 2.5 to 3.0.3. Wamp launches and turns green, but still have the same issue with phpMyAdmin.

I'm confused about how to upgrade to 3.1.0. Should I install a fresh copy of WAMP or use the Cumulative Update? If I should do a fresh copy, where are the instructions to migrate my databases over?

Thanks.

Date: September 27, 2017 04:37PM

I've updated from 2.5 to 3.0.3 as instructed and I'm still having the same problem with phpMyAdmin.

To update to 3.1.0, should I install a fresh copy of WAMP or should I use the Cumulative Update that's linked on this page (http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,138295) directly on top of my current install?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2017 04:40PM by NickJohn12.

Date: September 27, 2017 04:58PM

Hi,

Cumulative Update 3.1.0 on top on 3.0.3.

May be you need also a new version of PhpMyAdmin, the last is 4.7.4.

All Wampserver install, updates, addons Apache, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB, tools, etc are on [wampserver.aviatechno.net]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 30, 2017 03:36AM

After upgrading to 3.1.0, phpMyAdmin is still not working. After doing a little digging, this seems to be a bug with phpMyAdmin and xDebug. Disabling xDebug fixes the issue.

[bugs.xdebug.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.