Is Wampserver a program?
Posted by: masterdata (---.static.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: September 10, 2017 10:54PM

Is Wampserver a program or an instal;lation of Apache, My SQL and php? Insttalation put a folder in my start menu called Wampserver64. There is a program in there called Wampserver64 but when I click on it a comand widow opens and immediately closes. I have seen references to things to do in Wampserver64 but what I am seeing does allow for this. Apache, PHP and MySQL seem to be running fine but I have a feeling I am missing something. Your help is appreciated.

I finally see. There is an icon in the lower right corner saying "local server - All services running" very similar to the Apache Service Monitor. Sorry to spin your wheels, but it just was not clear. Anyway, all is well now except for getting my SSL certificate installed. Thank you.

Larry Carhartt
www.masterdata.com
www.masterdatareports.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 02:03AM by masterdata.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is Wampserver a program?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2017 10:33AM

Hi,

Have you looked in the hidden icons window of the notification area?
Click the vertical chevron to the left of the notification area:

then drag and drop Wampmanager icon in the tray:

Wampserver actually installs Apache, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB plus some utilities like Adminer, PhpMyAdmin and PhpSysInfo.
But it's not just an installer and it's more than just an Apache Service Monitor.
Wampmanager (see above) gives by left-click or right-click many possibilities, such as changing Apache, PHP, MySQL or MariaDB versions ; add or remove the load of Apache modules or PHP extensions; modify parameters of PHP, MYSQL or MariaDB - on the fly. ; use internal tools to find and correct problems; and many other things to discover.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: masterdata (---.static.rvsd.ca.charter.com)
Date: September 11, 2017 06:06PM

You know, I love your work. You helped me get this installed when I was running out of options, but your documentation never mentioned an icon in the notification area. Once I knew to look there it all made sense. To help future newbies like me, you might add this to your docs.

Thank you.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2017 07:21PM

Hi,

> To help future newbies like me, you might add this to your docs.
When you know a domain at your fingertips, it is very difficult to find the way to explain it to those who know nothing.

Nevertheless, I will add how to find the Wampmanager icon and what it can be used in the explanations displayed at the end of the installation.
But, it would still be necessary that the message displayed at the end of the installation is read well!
And there I have serious doubts when I see the number of people who come to ask what is the username and the password for PhpMyAdmin whereas it is explained in the said message.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.