Accessing MySQL database on remote server
Posted by: trevorwood (---.8-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: August 27, 2017 06:51PM

Hi
I'm new to WAMP so this may be very easy
I've installed WAMP on a new PC. On my previous PC I had a similar, but manually set, system - Apache, Mysql, PHP and using phpMyAdmin

on my old PC I could access the MySQL database on my live server using phpMyAdmin- hosted outside my office
on my new PC using the phpMyAdmin supplied with WAMP I can't
I've copied over the phpMyAdmin from my old PC and I can access my server with that

The error I'm getting from the WAMP supplied phpMyAdmin is

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'xxxxx' (using password: YES)

I've tried copying the config file from the old phpMyAdmin to the new one and that still isn'y working

the only difference that I can see is the version - the old one is 4.10.0-english

Any ideas please. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accessing MySQL database on remote server
Posted by: trevorwood (---.8-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: August 27, 2017 07:10PM

OK - further to this - it seems to be something to do with the version of phpMyAdmin. I've replaced my working version with the version that comes with Wamp and it now fails - so it's not a Wamp problem but a phpMyAdmin problem (or so it seems)

Re: Accessing MySQL database on remote server
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 30, 2017 04:05PM

Out of the box ...

MySQL's `root` user has no password.

So just leave the password blank

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.