Trying to run WampServer on my pc using multiple WordPress installations
Posted by: sjowiexo (---.dynamic.upc.nl)
Date: August 26, 2017 02:20PM

Hello all,

First of all, I'm new here and new to making websites so bare with me. I've recently setup a website on my localhost, build it, everything went fine and now I'm done. I want to start a new site without deleting my old one. I've watched some tutorials/read some guides but nothing really worked. I got to the point where my virtual hosts file is setup right (deleted a # on vhosts line as the guide said) and in my hosts file I've edited multiple names:

"# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# 127.0.0.1 template1
# 127.0.0.1 template2
# 127.0.0.1 template3
# ::1 localhost "

When I go to localhost/template1 in my browser, I get the WP installation thingy but when I try to fill in my info I get an error. My guess is it has something to do wtih my database but I have no idea how to solve it and Google didn't help too much either on this particular point. Can anyone help me? At this point I'm too scared to do edit any stuff because I'm scared I'll delete my first site by accident.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Edit: The goal is to make 3 templates that I can export to a real site multiple times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to run WampServer on my pc using multiple WordPress installations
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 26, 2017 03:29PM

Hi,

> When I go to localhost/template1
You MUST use VirtualHost. See The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.