Wamp directory issues
Posted by: tetris (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: August 03, 2017 10:35PM

Hi guys, im new to forum. i got a interesting issue with wamp. i making this news website and working on feeds page.The problem im having is that for this feed system i want to keep things separate. im on the root with the index page and want to keep all new webpage news on separate directories.i got a folder name feed where goes all my news with the full page and a second folder where i keep the thumbnail of the pages in the feed folder. every time i acess any of the .php files it opens the directory instead of the url, also when i try to acess a page in feed folder from a link in a page in thumb nail, the link adress starts from the thumbnail page..

exe:
this is what happens now

in folder thumb > file index.php >href="feed/ police.php but instead opens file
c:/wamp/thumb/feed/police.php.

and i want it to do :
in folder thumb >file index.php >href="feed/ police.php to open the file of other directory
c:/wamp/feed/police.php.

also if i place localhost/ it comes with the c:/wamp/www/localhost/thumb/feed/police.php.

want it to opens the folder from the www root and not from the thumb´s folder. thanks in advance

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2017 10:52PM by tetris.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp directory issues
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 04, 2017 10:19AM

Hi,

You MUST use VirtualHost. See The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: tetris (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: August 04, 2017 01:11PM

Is´nt this the same as add a alias? like i add the folders do allias hopping it would work.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 04, 2017 01:40PM

You are always welcome to ignore our suggestions!

You are welcome to try that, but the recommended solution would be a Virtual Host as Otomatic suggested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.