Vista Install
Posted by: st7james (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: July 31, 2017 02:14PM

The vc_redist 40784 is not compatiable with Vista SP1. Any suggestions? Locating the correct redist has served to be a head pounding event. To make a long story short, I am not getting a green icon yet. I'm sure this is going to be yet another maddening experience. There is so much to be said for being thorough. I will return today sometime, and hopefully someone can help. Thanks...

Re: Vista Install
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 31, 2017 02:41PM

Hi,

Not sure what version you are attempting to install and calling `vc_redist 40784`

But I do know that any MSVC Runtime after VC11 Redistributable (VS 2012) requires Service pack 2 to be applied to VISTA.

Details provided WAMPServer 3 All you need to know

And POINT-20 in TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 31, 2017 02:58PM

Hi,

Vista is obsolete and no more supported by Microsoft.

Mysql 5.7.x is not supported by Vista.

You have to install addon Mysql 5.6.30 - See [wampserver.aviatechno.net] for all existing addon.

After addon installed, you need to modify wamp/wampmanager.conf file by replacing :
mysqlVersion = "5.7.14"
by
mysqlVersion = "5.6.30"
before launch Wampserver

The icon will be red, so :
- Wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service administration -> Remove service
- Wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service administration -> Install service
- Wampmanager icon -> MySQL -> Service administration -> Start service

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 03:07PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: st7james (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: July 31, 2017 05:00PM

MySQL still won't start. I have add-on 5.6.33 installed per other forum discussion. Do I need to downgrade to 5.6.30? Also, the redist I was referring to in the initial question was listed in the WAMP install dialogue as a precaution to make sure it was installed. The link provided there was 'micrososft.com/en-us/download/deatails.aspx?id=40784'. That will not install in Vista SP2. At least I haven't had any luck doing it. I've tried several ways including 'run as admin'. I tried safe boot. No luck. Is this possibly why I'm not getting green. Or is it the MySQL version I have installed, i.e. 5.6.33 vs 5.6.30?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 31, 2017 05:59PM

Hi,

Did you modify wampmanager.conf to mysqlVersion = "5.6.33" before launch Wampserver?

Did you remove service then install new service after launching Wampserver ?

What are errors in mysql log and in the Events viewer?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.