Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.6.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177
Posted by: UnaCullen (---.gn.gov.ie)
Date: July 31, 2017 01:33PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have wampserver32 installed on Windows 7 Enterprise. it contains MySQL version 5.7.1.4, PHP 5.6.25, Apache 2.4.23.

This installation worked on Friday but today I am getting the errors below. The colour of the wampserver icon has always been red and has never changed colour but this did not stop it working for me on Friday.

The errors I am getting today are as follows:

LocalHost:
*** ERROR *** The PHP configuration loaded file is: - should be: c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.23/bin/php.ini or c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/phpforapache.ini
You must perform: Right-click icon Wampmanager -> Refresh

Phpadmin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.6.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177

Also, When I go to wampserver\php\ php.ini it is telling me that one doesn't exist in c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\bin\php.ini and would I like to create one.

Regards

Una

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.6.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 31, 2017 01:46PM

If the WAMPServer Icon is red then possibly you have another MySQL Server and maybe even another Apache running on your machine.

This always causes major confusion. PLease check if that is the case on your PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin4.6.4\libraries\php-gettext\gettext.inc on line 177
Posted by: UnaCullen (---.gn.gov.ie)
Date: July 31, 2017 05:08PM

Thank you,
I found a native SQL client and when this was deleted, I no longer received the errors on Localhost
and Phpadmin but still when I try go into wampserver-> PHP->PHP.ini,
I get the error " Can't find file c:\wamp\bin\apache2.4.23\bin\php.ini, would you like to create one?"

When I go to Wordpress I am now getting an error about the "cURL error 60 Certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain" when trying to add a theme and wondering if the two are connected.

Regards

Una

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 31, 2017 06:04PM

Hi,

Is there still the error at the bottom of localhost page?
*** ERROR *** The PHP configuration loaded file is: - should be: c:/wamp/bin/apache/apache2.4.23/bin/php.ini or c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/phpforapache.ini

Are you sure the disk is formatted NTFS, not extFAT ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.