connecting my php database to the php pages with wamp
Posted by: Virginia (---.ip.wimore.it)
Date: July 26, 2017 12:14PM

Hi,

I am currently searching to use wamp with the database that I have created on phpmyadmin, as a localhost. the issue is that I have different database on phpmyadmin, so how can I select the right database that I need to let run the php pages?

I know that I might change something somewhere in the config.inc.php file, but I do not know how to change the configuration.

thank you for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: connecting my php database to the php pages with wamp
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2017 12:47PM

Just a small point: phpMyAdmin is a tool written in PHP to make maintenance of a MySQL database a little easier. It is not a database or a DBMS.

My suggestion would be to backup your existing database, keep the backup somewhere safe.
Then uninstall the MySQL Server that you are currently using.
Then install WAMPServer.
Then restore your backed up database to the MySQL Server that comes with WAMPServer.

But make sure the database is backed up before doing any of this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Virginia (---.ip.wimore.it)
Date: July 26, 2017 04:37PM

ok, right now we have upload the database direclty on wamp, we do not have mysql program, we are using the wamp's one.

our problem is that we have more that ona database on phpmyadmin, so that we do not know how to select the database that we wuold like to use.

maybe we should have only one database on wamp, to be sure that php is using this one?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2017 05:54PM

No you can have hundereds of databases within the same MySQL Server.

Are you asking how to connect a PHP script to a MySQL database? If so this is covered in the PHP Manual. Can I suggest you start by reading that, but specifically MYSQL PDO database extension

Sorry if this is a little broad for an answer, but this site is not here to teach PHP, or MySQL it is exclusively for problems/issues getting WAMPServer running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2017 05:56PM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.