irratic behaviour: DOM not loading properly
Posted by: tengu (---.adsl2.static.versatel.nl)
Date: October 10, 2016 10:10AM

System:
Wampserver 3 (though I had the exact same problem om Wampserver 2.x)
Windows 10
Virtual C++ libraries installed with latest versions
No Skype.
Using Virtual hosts (but problem also happens when simply running the sites from subfolder of localhost)
Wampserver running correctly ('green': not errors generated by either MySQL, Apache or PHP)

The problem (short):
Websites run on localhost behave irratic. The DOM sometimes load, sometimes just bits of it. Refreshing the page sorts it, though sometimes I have to refresh the page 5+ times so get a fully loaded page. When it doesn't load fully the browser (View Source) shows me the incomplete source code: the beginning ... a bit missing ... and then it goes on with the code. This obviously results in a incomplete page.
The exact (!) same site running on a remote server does not have this problem. So, it must be related to my local environment.

What I have already tested and tried:
Different computer: (also Windows 10, Virtual C++, clean install of Wampserver and website / database etc.), same problem
Checked latest versions of Virtual C++
Checked error logs (no errors)
Troubleshooted my web code (not the problem because it is running smoothly on a remote server)
Checked if it makes a difference when running from [localhost] or using a virtual host (no difference)

I hope someone can help me with this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: irratic behaviour: DOM not loading properly
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 10, 2016 10:45AM

Hi,

> Troubleshooted my web code (not the problem because it is running smoothly on a remote server)
> Checked if it makes a difference when running from [localhost] or using a virtual host (no difference)
Between local server and remote server:
- Same Apache versions?
- Same Apache settings?
- Same Apache loaded modules?
- Same PHP versions?
- Same PHP extensions loaded?
- Same PHP settings?

And even if everything is identical between the local server and the remote server, there is the difference in operating systems.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: October 10, 2016 11:55AM

Thanks for yoyr reply Otomatic,

well, obviously: the setup of the localhost and the remote server are not exactly the same, but the loaded page is not using a whole lot of server technology or specific code that is very specific tot versions. Otherwise, I would have checked that ...

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 10, 2016 01:14PM

You could try refreshing the cache with a CTRL+F5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 11, 2016 07:48PM

Finally, finally, after ruling out other options, I found out the solution to the strange 'half loading' of the localhost webpages (Drumbeat ...)

It turns out I did not have ob_start() turned on. Apparently, buffering the output before actually showing it is extrmely inportant, and also, for some reason this happens automatic on remote hosts.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone with the same problem

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.