Saved web pages won't load after I installed wampsever
Posted by: Narkon (---.access.hol.gr)
Date: July 22, 2017 04:00PM

Q1: The file I used was wampserver3.0.6_x64. As the titles says, all pages I had saved can't be opened any more. Is there a setting I should change that would allow that?

I will add another question here which is not directly related to wamp (I hope this is allowed), but still relative to why I installed wamp in the first page.

Q2: I have an assignment to complete in the next few weeks, but since I am not experienced or, more importantly, fast with the html formatting part, I consider using another application to create the form of the pages I will use (position all the images and text where I want them to be) and when all that is fdone, save the code and use an editor to deal with the links to other pages and with the connection to a database I already have prepared (for login purposes).
So, my question is, do you a web designer app in mind you can suggest for this purpose? At this point, efficiency and a user-friendly interface is the quality I would value most. Thank you, and I hope I did everything correctly in my first post here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2017 04:01PM by Narkon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Saved web pages won't load after I installed wampsever
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 23, 2017 01:41AM

Hi

A1: Where are you saving your files?

A2: No

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Saved web pages won't load after I installed wampsever
Posted by: Narkon (---.access.hol.gr)
Date: July 23, 2017 01:22PM

Nevermind. I woke up today and I could open the saved pages again. No idea why it worked today though. Now if only someone could give me an answer about the second question too. I have an old version of Dreamweaver, so I might try to make it work there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.