Cannot access my wordpress site locally
Posted by: jw3b3r (---.pox.com.br)
Date: September 30, 2016 12:03AM

Hello, guys! I'm new with wordpress and wampserver. I need a copy of my wordpress site locally, I've just followed all the steps that I've found in several tutorials and everything worked with a pure wordpress copy, but when I follow the steps with my backup, it doesn't work, when I try access the localhost/mywordpress it shows me the following message: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at admin@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.9 (Win32) PHP/5.5.12 Server at localhost Port 80

I'm newbie, please, be kind if this is a stupid question and out of the cotext of this forum.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2016 12:04AM by jw3b3r.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cannot access my wordpress site locally
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 30, 2016 02:21AM

Hi,

Sorry, but we cannot support every configureation and every application that exists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Cannot access my wordpress site locally
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 30, 2016 03:28PM

I would suggest that you create a Virtual Host to run WordPress in, as this will reduce some issues.

The second post in this Thread should help you with that [forum.wampserver.com]

Then install WordPress into that, and then importyour data from the live site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.