WAMP64 error on loadup (0xc0000142)
Posted by: GazCBG (---.12-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: July 12, 2017 09:56AM

When I start WAMP, I get a windows error, which is:

httpd.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

But still seems to work ok

1 - Windows version used
Windows 10 - 64 Bit

2 - Version WampServer
3.0.6 64 Bit

3 - Apache Version

4 - PHP Version

5 - MySQL Version

6 - What color is the WampServer icon
Green

7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?
127.0.0.1 localhost

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)?
Yes

8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page?
No

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin?
Yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
When loading WAMP get a Windows error and box pop up with:

httpd.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

WAMP still works ok, but something seems to be wrong

11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these
Eset Smart Security

12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\)
C:\wamp64\

13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s)
No, just installed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP64 error on loadup (0xc0000142)
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 12, 2017 11:10AM

Hi,

The first thing to check is that you have all the correct and required MSVC Runtime libraries installed.

So see WAMPServer 3 All you need to know

I also suggest that you upgrade to WAMPServer 3.0.9 This is the easiest place to find that

On this page you can also find, at the bottom of the page, a link to Checks VC++ packages installed which is a little tool to check you have all the correct MSVC Runtimes, along with an installers that will make sure all these runtimes are installed, and install those that are not installed.

If this does not solve your issue, please drop back and let us know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: GazCBG (---.12-1.cable.virginm.net)
Date: July 12, 2017 04:17PM

Thanks for the reply, I did the update to 3.0.9 and it is now sorted smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2017 05:50PM

Did you check that ALL the required MSVC runtimes were installed on your system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: jorge (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: July 14, 2017 08:05PM

GazCBG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the reply, I did the update to 3.0.9
> and it is now sorted smiling smiley

Where did you download the update to version 3.0.9? In Wampserver site I see only the version 3.0.6 to download. Another question: to update, it is necessary to uninstall the previous version first? I currently have version 3.0.6 installed.

Date: July 15, 2017 03:58PM

Where did you download the update to version 3.0.9?
The easiest place is the WAMPServer backup repo which is found HERE It is mentioned in the WAMPServer 3: All you need to know document if you had bothered to read it.

Another question: to update, it is necessary to uninstall the previous version first? I currently have version 3.0.6 installed.

NO!

WAMPServer 3.0.9 will install over any previous WAMPServer 3.o.1 to 3.0.8 version

It will not effect the versions of Apache/MySQL or its databases/PHP that you are using.
It only updates the WAMPSevrer code and nothing else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.