The ordinal 371 could not be located
Posted by: valiant (---.datiq.se)
Date: July 06, 2017 11:18AM

Hi!

I made a fresh installation of 64-bit WampServer 3.0.6 and updated it to 3.0.9 on a machine running Windows 2012 R2 64-bit.

When attempting to run openssl.exe I get the following error:

"openssl.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 371 could not be located in the dynamic link library
c:\wamp64\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\bin\openssl.exe"

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The ordinal 371 could not be located
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2017 11:25AM

Yea, its a regular problem of bits from Apache not matching bits from PHP etc etc

This post has a description about installing a openssl [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 06, 2017 11:31AM

This is odd because I have separate machines on which clicking on openssl.exe works fine. One is a 2012 R2 running WampServer 2.5 and the other a 2016 running WampServer 3.0.6.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 06, 2017 11:55AM

Everyone gets lucky sometimes smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 06, 2017 12:34PM

A request to someone that has 3.0.9: Could you try and run openssl.exe and see if you get an error message? It would help clarify if it is WampServer or my machine that is the problem.

Date: July 07, 2017 08:53AM

I took a look at openssl.exe with Dependency Walker and saw more than just one ordinal missing. I also took a look at the 3.0.6 box that was working and tried to find the difference. It is simple: the symlink of the machine that works point to the PHP 7 directory.

To solve this problem you can either copy the two files SSLEAY32.DLL and LIBEAY32.DLL or simply choose to use PHP 7 by left-clicking on the WampServer icon on the lower right, choosing PHP, version, and finally 7.0.10.

Following this, when running openssl.exe it complains:
"WARNING: can't open config file: c:/user/local/ssl/openssl.cnf"

Solve this by typing "set OPESSL_CONF=C:\wamp64\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\conf\openssl.cfg" into the command prompt before running openssl.exe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.