Change localhost port
Posted by: Chuckm97 (---.lightspeed.lsvlky.sbcglobal.net)
Date: September 06, 2016 05:07PM

I have Windows10 and suddenly alot of apps are using the address 127.0.0.1 now my localhost will not access my Blog. how can I change the port for localhost and still not have to type in localhost:8080/my site. I had tried that earlier when it quit working and it didn't work. I can type in localhost and it brings up phpmyadmin and I can also access it uner the WAMP icon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 05:35PM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Change localhost port
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 06, 2016 05:43PM

Hi,

> and suddenly alot of apps are using the address 127.0.0.1
What apps ?

> how can I change the port for localhost and still not have to type in localhost:8080/my site
Completely impossible. If you change the default port is port 80, you should always add the port number in the url. There is no way around it.

Best to look at what are the applications that use port 80 and either change the port for these applications or simply not to launch these applications.

See points n°03 and 08 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

And if you are forced to change port 80 by another number, such as 8080, it must be done through the menu Wampmanager tools so it's changed everywhere it needs to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.