How to allow remote access to my sql?
Posted by: gabi88 (185.110.110.---)
Date: August 16, 2016 07:55AM

Hi guys,

I am using wamp server 3 how can i allow remote access to MySQL (WAN)?

can i do this using myphpadmin control panel?

MySql version: 5.7.11.

Note: i did the port forwarding so no need to explain what to do in the PC and Router.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to allow remote access to my sql?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 16, 2016 10:09AM

Hi,

This is not recomended but all you shoudl need to do is create a user account in MYSQL that is allowed to connect from outside your PC.

All the default accounts are limited (for safety reasons) to allow connection from the PC running MySQL.

So create a new account and allow it to be used from either specific ip addresses (the safest method) or any ip address.

Rather than re-hash the process here, this is the Manual page that describes the process of creating new user accounts

If you look for it the manual covers everything about using MYSQL.

Can I also suggest you read This section on Backup and Recovery as if you get hacked you may well need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.