Webpage not displaying right!
Posted by: Gidget19893161 (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: August 04, 2016 09:55PM

Hello every one. To get it out of the way i am new to website hosting let alone to wamp. I have figured out how to install zencart and even got the viraul host configed. not sure if it matters or not but i am using the latest verision of phpmyadmin. Everything else is the way I downloaded it and installed it

First problem when I go to northwestsudz/ on the local host everything loads the right way. However when I go to 172.16.139.124 (I do not have an internal DNS Server setup) on another machine on the network it just displays text and the icon boxes for not being able to load images.

c:\wamp64\www\northwestsudz\ Is the main directory. The files for zencart are inside northwesudz/.

Second problem my control panel for zencart is not showing up at all. On the lan i go 172.16.139.124/control and it throws 403 not found. when going to northwestudz/control on the local host it shows 404 forbiden. However localhost/northwestsudz/control on the local host works great.

c:\wamp64\www\northwestsudz\control Is the main directory for the zencart admin area

I can use any help on this. The plan is to turn this into a production machine/website.

I have read and watch everything i can find on wamp and this problem but no dice.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Webpage not displaying right!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 05, 2016 02:09AM

First you need to read The need for Virtual Hosts

But more importantly and specially as you are a beginner you should not consider using WAMPServer for LIVE web hosting. Not due to any deficiency in WAMPServer (Apache) but because Window Desktop OS's are not designed to cope with 100's of connections.

In fact W7/W10 only allow 20 external connections concurrently, and as a single web page will use at least 2 connections to download on screen resources (html/css/javascript/images etc) that means thet you will not be able to suppert more than a few users.

WAMPServer is a great development tool, but should really not be used as a LIVE web server.

There are of course other reasons, not least obvious being that the role of web admin is a full time job, not something you are trained to do.

For your live site go for a hosted service, they have good reasons to employ people with all the skills and knowledge to keep there servers secure for which you pay very little.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Gidget19893161 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: August 06, 2016 10:30AM

Thank you for your reply RiggsFolly.

Wamp is being ran on a Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual machine. The virtual host itself is a Dell R810 fully loaded with 4x Intel Xeon E7540 back by 256 GB of Ram. The host OS is a fully licensed VMware ESXi 5.1.0.

I did not know windows Ten could only handle 20.

At this time I would like to host my own website and that is based off one big factor, cost. I know that hosting servers are getting cheaper and cheaper by the day and if the website I am trying to build exceeds my equipment capability then i wont have a problem paying a company to host it for me. If it comes to the point of paying someone to host it then that means the company is making money and can afford to host offsite.

Another reason I am wanting to host it myself is for knowledge. I am studding for my CCNA. With that being said I like to play with other stuff as well. Like firewalls (set and deployment) Active Directory, Print Server, PBX, and the list can go on. I personally rather be really good in one area and know a little bit about other stuff.

I really would like to be able to host in windows IIS but form what I was reading about zencart, it does not play well with Windows IIS.

One last factor for not going with a hosting servise is being the website I am trying to make is for my other half. I love her dearly but she is a real big flak. If this business she is trying to start dies off like most everthing else I can at least walk away with the knowledge i have and 35 bucks less for the domain name. Howevver the domain name wont be a complete loss because i will be able to finally setup a VPN.

I will look at the link again and see if i can pick up something that i missed the first time.

Again thank you for the reply!!!!!!! Every little bit helps!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2016 03:47PM

OK,

so if you are using a Server OS most of what I said is irrelevant.

Once you have read the post I pointed you to, feel free to ask for help if you need it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: August 10, 2016 08:35AM

well i have read and read it again. I do not know what i am doing wrong. The only way I can seem to get the page to load the way it is from a lan computer is by # the localhost virualserver. if i enable it wont load again and give me a 403 or 404 error. Also from the local machine if i click on any link inside the webpage that loads it gives me a 403 or 404 error. From a lan computer i click on a link and the page wont load at all with no errors no nothing just a blank white page.

I also up load the httpd, v-host, host and a couple of screen caps to google drive. Link below. i am at a complete loss. thank you again

I have also setup a DNS server on another Win Server 2012 machine.

[drive.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2016 08:37AM by Gidget19893161.

Date: August 14, 2016 06:11AM

Problem solved..... I unistalled wamp and installed xampp. little bit of playing and it is working!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.