Wamp red icon
Posted by: lightlawliet751 (120.29.75.---)
Date: June 19, 2017 03:30AM

My wamp icon stays red. I uninstalled wamp and cleaned wampapache and mysql registries in the regedit but the icon is still red. This problem occured yesterday but it was working properly before. When it was working properly, I was installing photoshop cs6, deleted microsoft 2010 registries, and installed microsoft 2016. After using photoshop, I decided to use wamp but it wasn't working anymore. It just stays red and says none of the 2 services are running. Someone please help me, I really need it!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp red icon
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 19, 2017 10:45AM

Hi,

When you say "deleted microsoft 2010 registries" I assume you are talking about the MSVC C/C++ Runtime libraries. These are specific to the compiler used to compile an app i.e. Apache/PHP

The 2016 version does not replace the 2010 version. They all need to be there so you can run code compiled with either the 2010 version of the compiler or the 2016 version of the compiler.

See the post, specifically POINT-20- about which versions of these runtime libraries are required by WAMPServer so that all the posible combinations of Apache/PHP will run.

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.