decimal number
Posted by: greta-girl (---.sip.aby.bellsouth.net)
Date: May 23, 2017 01:10AM

I need to set variables as decimal number... for example, 1234.56. I'm using phpMyAdmin in WAMP to create the table and variables. I declared variables as decimal(6,2) then saved. The table then shows the variables as decimal(6,0). I don't understand why the "2" for # of decimal places is lost.

I created the same table using my webhost's phpMyAdmin and it worked as I expected, decimal(6,2).

Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working in WAMP? Am I doing something wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decimal number
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 23, 2017 01:31AM

Hi

I am afraid this is not a WAMPServer issue.

This is a "dont know what I am doing issue"

We provide the software for you to learn how to code PHP, how to use and configure Apache and MySQL.

Unfortunately we do not provide tutorial to help you learn the basics of any of these technologies.

However the news is not all bad, there are 1000's of tutorials out there on the web, and of couse you can find links to the PHP/APache?MySQL/phpMyAdmin manuals in my signature block/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2017 01:32AM by RiggsFolly.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.