None of 2 services running - WAMP 3.0 Version
Posted by: -=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=- (---.telkomadsl.co.za)
Date: July 09, 2016 11:56AM

Good day,

I'm runing Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I have installed wamp 3.0.4 x64 and all were working fine on local host (all VC installed prior, 32 and 64bit).

I use my dropbox to sync and run the server from.
After configuring the files again for dropbox I started getting the "None of 2 services running" error and the red W.

Any advise?

Followed this link, same as last time:
[mattpilz.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 02:48PM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: None of 2 services running - WAMP 3.0 Version
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 09, 2016 02:52PM

Hi,

You have followed a procedure written by Matt, so it's Matt's Repository you have to ask why it does not work.

You will easily agree that we can not try and validate thousands of WEB application installation procedures or CMS.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: -=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=- (---.telkomadsl.co.za)
Date: July 09, 2016 04:03PM

I only changed the location of the www and data folders used by apache and mysql in wamp...
There was a extra '/' that had to come out. All setup, but it ignores the directories and defaults to the system root dir still and not the dropbox folder where the sites are on.

| Win10 Pro 64bit | wamp 3.0.4 x64 | code php & sql as a hobby |

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 04:36PM by -=S.P.A.R.K.Y.=-.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 09, 2016 04:44PM

Hi,

> only changed the location of the www and data folders used by apache and mysql in wamp...
Once installed, it is not possible to change the location of the folder wamp/www/
But for your local site you must use VirtualHost The need for Virtual Host then local sites doesn't need to be in wamp/www/

Almost same for the wamp/bin/mysql/mysql.y.z/data/ folder

But for the database, which is possible is to give, in the my.ini file which is the file containing the data.
For example with mysql 5.7.13, the databases are in
datadir="c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.7.13/data"
If you want to put the databases (bases for mylsl also), for example in G:\mybases\ you must :
- Copy ALL files and folders from c:/wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.7.13/data/ to G:\mybases\
- Modify datadir in my.ini file to
datadir="g:/mybases"
But I'm not sure it works with Dropbox

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2016 04:46PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.