Wampserver with wordpress accessing from local network
Posted by: lovor (149.86.219.---)
Date: May 07, 2017 09:45PM

Hello,

after hours of investigating, I still cannot get it right. I set Wampserver on my local machine and I am trying to access it from local computer. I transfered wordpress database from live server. From problems which I have, I can formulate two questions.

1. Only homepage and admin area on my wordpress instalation work right. Inner page (internal links) do not work, WAMP start page displays instead, but also without formatting (no css). I replaced all the links from live page to [localhost], using recommended script (Search and Replace for WordPress Databases Script) and Blue Velvet plugin.

2. When I set server so that other computers in the network could see it (including android phone), I discovered that I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error. I shut down skype and sql server and checked with WAMP tool that WAMPserver is using port 80. It does work on other devices on my LAN ONLY if I change port 80 to 8080. Why is that?
I set the server adding "Require ip x.x.x", where x.x.x are first three bytes of my local network. This definitively affected results, prior to that setting I had "403 Forbidden". However, connections are now refused.

My version of wampserver was 3.0.6, I updated it now to 3.0.8 in hope to resolve problem, but without success.

Thanks for any help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 10:07PM by lovor.

Re: Wampserver with wordpress accessing from local network
Posted by: lovor (149.86.219.---)
Date: May 07, 2017 10:05PM

Update: I discovered that unpublished (draft) inner pages work, while published don't

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 08, 2017 09:54AM

Hi,

Have youread this How to move a wordpress site

And for things to work well with WordPress a Virtual Host should be setup to hold each site. See The need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: lovor (149.71.88.---)
Date: May 08, 2017 06:41PM

Hi,

I read that article before and I followed instructions in transferring.

I discovered that new wordpress instalation works well. So it is some issue with configuration of an old wordpress which was heavily tweaked. If someone nows what could it be, please enlighten me. I changed wp-config.php file, imported database and replaced all url's with new ones

Posted by: topguy (87.101.234.---)
Date: May 09, 2017 10:03AM

Hi, I am new to wamp server 3.0.6, I have installed wordpress on it, and its working on local host and local IP, but I can't access from other computers. How can I make it...I need to use wordpress site for Intranet purpose.
Looking for help to sort out this issue.....

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 09, 2017 01:14PM

Hi

Did you create a Virtual Host to run the site in?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.