Moving WAMP site from C: to Dropbox
Posted by: nerion (---.host.pobb.as13285.net)
Date: April 24, 2017 10:46PM

Hi there, I downloaded WAMP a couple of weeks ago and have created a website on my C-drive.

I now want to shift it to Dropbox so that I can work on it on two computers. Is that possible? If so, how?

Cheers!

Re: Moving WAMP site from C: to Dropbox
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2017 12:43PM

The simplest solution:

1. Backup your databases !important
2. Backup your site(s). !important

3. Uninstall WAMPServer
4. Reinstall WampServer (the same versions of MYSQL and Apahce and PHP) onto the Dropbox folder somewhere
5. Restore your databases and Site(s) to the new location.

On the other PC, create a shortcut on the desktop from the dropbox\wamp folder of wampmanager.exe

a. Run Wampserver
b. Using the wampmanager menus to install Apache and MYSQL services do
- left click wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Service Administration -> Install Service
- left click wampmanager icon -> MYSQL -> Service Administration -> Install Service
c. Start the services
- left click wampmanager icon -> Start all Services

BIG NOTE:
Remember you cannot be developing on both PC at the same time.

1. MySQL will get in a real mess if you try and affect databases from 2 DIFFERENT instances at the same time. Tables will not get properly locked etc during updates.
2. Changing the same code file from 2 PC will also just cause you problems with duplicate changes

Good Luck

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Moving WAMP site from C: to Dropbox
Posted by: nerion (---.host.pobb.as13285.net)
Date: April 25, 2017 06:38PM

That's great, thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.