Sites can't work with MySQL DBs after WAMP reinstallation
Posted by: foobar (---.static.tkplan.3s.pl)
Date: May 30, 2016 03:25PM

Hi.

At start I tried to read other threads with similar (DB not working after WAMP reinstallation) threads, but none of the suggestions/answers/solutions worked for me. At start some background:
- I'm working on local virtual VMWare machine
- OS is 32b Win7
- 1GB of RAM
- Browsers: latest FFx and Chrome
- Old WAMP: 2.5, mysql 5.6.17
- New WAMP: 3.0.4, mysql 5.7.11
- same directory (C:/wamp/...)

So I attempted to upgrade my WAMP 2.5 to 3.0, did what the guide on WAMP website suggested (I've made old wamp folder backup, deleted old version, installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, installed WAMP 3.0). New WAMP runs without problems.

So next I've attempted to restore all websites I had by moving the content of both the DB data folder and the www data folder. And here I've encountered problems...

phpmyadmin sees the DB, I can access them, do queries on them etc so all is good there. User privileges are the same as before. But when I've tried to open joomla website I've got this error:
"Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Table 'joomla_serwis.#__session' doesn't exist SQL=DELETE FROM `#__session` WHERE `time` < '1464515647'".

When I open all BUT one Wordpress site it shows me the Installation progress Step 2 where I can only provide the site name, administrator mail and the "ask about search engines" checkbox, and when provided it drops me a whole list of SQL "Wordpress DB Error: [Tablespace is missing for table `wp_stp`.`wp_users`.]" times plenty virtually for every table but at the bottom of the site I get a "Success! WordPress was installed!" with admin credentials. When I hit the "log in" it redirects me to localhost/wp-login.php showing a 404 error and when I manually change the address to localhost/wpsite/wp-login.php its back to installation step 2. I've checked the wp-config.php files and all data there is correct.

I've tried to copy the old DB data few times - whole folder, with/without the default DB, with/without those additional files (idb..., I don't remember names, but those files in mysqlxxx/data that aren't in any folder), I've tried working with Virtual Hosts, without them (so changed the index.php file with the $support_localhost variable), etc. And still the same...

Most surprising part is that from like ~10 WP sites one works - I get the wp login screen, can log, can edit, can open it, etc. One works, all others show me the "Installation Step 2" screen. It's a shame for me that I didn't just do the export/import thingy in phpmyadmin, but I've already upgraded WAMP one time (from either 2.0 or 2.2 into 2.5) and just the copy/paste thing worked without any issues.

I've forgot to copy mysql.log content, will do it later when I'm back from work if anyone needs it, but if you could say what I did wrong in trying to "restore" a whole WAMP installation DB data or suggest something that I should do at start...

PS I'm mostly interested in the Joomla site working, as the WP ones I still have a zip backup (created with Duplicator plugin few months ago so really no harm here)... And tbh I'm kind of interested in some 'fast' solution, cause if I need to like reinstall the whole virtual machine, or I need to 'create' the db/tables with proper structure and then replace them etc or in the end I'll need to redo the whole site (might be faster), I'll probably try some other AMP software as lately I had some performance issues with WAMP (hence the upgrade attempt). But I'm willing to give WAMP a chance as I'm used to working with it.

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sites can't work with MySQL DBs after WAMP reinstallation
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 30, 2016 03:49PM

Hi,

> (I've made old wamp folder backup, deleted old version,....
Nowhere is it said that you need to delete the older version.
Rather, it says that you must rename the old installation folder so that it can return without problem.
See : Install a new release of Wampserver

Nowhere is it said that you can transfer your databases by copying the folder data between MySQL version.
Rather, it is stated that the only way to tranfer databases is the export / import of SQL files.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.