Sent to WAMP page when going to localhost.
Posted by: Spider36 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 18, 2017 09:24PM

When I type localhost in my search bar, instead of seeing my sites I created in my htdocs file in my XAMPP directory, I'm just directed to the WAMPSERVER homepage. I tried including one of my sites in the bar and I keep getting a '404 Not Found' error. I also get this: 'Apache/2.4.23 (Win64) PHP/5.6.25 Server at localhost Port 80'.

Something else that I think may have to do with it is XAMPP; when I try to start Apache or MySQL, I get this:

10:44:35 AM [Apache] Problem detected!
10:44:35 AM [Apache] Port 80 in use by ""c:\wamp64\bin\apache\apache2.4.23\bin\httpd.exe" -k runservice" with PID 16448!
10:44:35 AM [Apache] Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
10:44:35 AM [Apache] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
10:44:35 AM [Apache] or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port
10:44:35 AM [mysql] Problem detected!
10:44:35 AM [mysql] Port 3306 in use by "c:\wamp64\bin\mysql\mysql5.7.14\bin\mysqld.exe wampmysqld64"!
10:44:35 AM [mysql] MySQL WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
10:44:35 AM [mysql] You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
10:44:35 AM [mysql] or reconfigure MySQL and the Control Panel to listen on a different port

To be quite honest, I'm not sure if I should have XAMPP and WAMP on the same computer. I'm following a tutorial on how to download WordPress locally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2017 09:50PM by Spider36.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sent to WAMP page when going to localhost.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 19, 2017 12:22AM

Hi,

You are correct, you shoudl not have XAMPP and WAMPServer on the same computer. In many respects they are the same thing.

You can however run One or The Other, but you cannot run both at the same time as they both have Apache which uses port 80 (therefore cannot be run togther) and MYSQL which uses port 3306 and (therefore cannot be run together)

Pick one or the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Sent to WAMP page when going to localhost.
Posted by: Spider36 (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: April 19, 2017 10:32PM

That's what I thought. The tutorial I was following was developing on Mac an using MAMP and only had one video for Windows (installing XAMPP), this lead me to believe that I needed to have the Windows equivalent of MAMP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.