mpm_winnt_module is missing
Posted by: vladimir@calmforce.com (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: March 30, 2017 08:08PM

I keep getting "The connection was reset" on localhost. Search on the Internet provided advice that I need to add the following section to config file:

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
ThreadStackSize 8388608
</IfModule>

However, the mpm_winnt_module did not come with the installation of WAMP 3.0.6. How can I add this module which seems to me "must have" on windows?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mpm_winnt_module is missing
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 30, 2017 10:13PM

Hi,

We must stop believing all the absurdities (not to say the crap) that can be read on the net about Apache, Windows and Wampserver.

You could also have looked a little better at the module "mpm_winnt_module" and why it is not in the list of modules that can be loaded.

The Apache documentation is explicit about this: the module "mpm_winnt_module" is an integral part of the Apache core for Windows.

Right-click on the Wampmanager icon -> Tools -> Show Apache loaded modules
AND THE RESULT IS:
Apache loaded modules
Core:
core_module
win32_module
mpm_winnt_module
http_module
so_module

Shared modules:
access_compat_module
actions_module
alias_module
allowmethods_module
vhost_alias_module
php7_module
Where you can see that the module does exist!

Your "connection was reset" problem may come from many things, but certainly not from a lack of module mpm_winnt_module.

So begin by answering all the questions of READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION and then we can really look for where your error might come from.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.