several problems in wampserver 2.5
Posted by: mvadesta (---.ftth.telfortglasvezel.nl)
Date: March 29, 2017 11:49AM

I installed wampserver 2.5 on windows 7 32 bits with apache 2.4.9, php 5.5.12 and mysql 5.6.17 for the first time but i did not aware that VC11 was needed. In spite of that de installation went well and in the phpmyadmin i could create a database with root user and password and several tables. But the wampserver icon keeps the orange red color. I had earlier made an advanced php program for online use on internet, that functions very well. and i wanted tot test his program on wampserver 2.5
I had 2 problems with my php : first i could not switch off my notice reporting, while this in the php.ini was set to Error and notice.
the second was that i had several forms in my php to post within my PHP file with $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']
the php coding was accepted but the forms were not send. I checked that with If (is set ) statement
So i decided to save all my settings, then i uninstalled wampserver 2.5, After that i installed vc11 om my system and installed wampserver 2.5 again. after that i had a trouble more: in phpmyadmin in the main directory my database and all my tables were listed, but bij click on a table the table woud not appear in the sql part of phpmyadmin message table does not exist. In an attempt to import the table again i got the message table already exist. The wampserver icon stays always orange even after i executed the service
Now i am a bit desperate and hope you have a good advice to solve my problems
Greeting Marcel van der Stap

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: several problems in wampserver 2.5
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 29, 2017 02:45PM

Hi,

Uninstall Wampserver 2.5.

Apply item n°20 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

Install Wampserver 3.0.6 as an administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 04, 2017 04:18PM

At your advice i uninstalled wampserver 2.5 then i installed all the visual c ++ packages.
After that i installed wampserver 3.0.6 . and started the services. My icon is still orange.
In the data directory van mysql i added my database and all the tables i had made before.
In phpmyadmin in the main directory at the left side i see my database and all my table names listed
In the table name i can click and see all my colomnames.
But when i dubbelclick to open the table in the next tab i get the message table does not exist.
When i try to re import my table i get the message table already exists.

So i think there is something missing but the installation went without errors

Can you suggest any help

Marcel van der Stap

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 04, 2017 05:20PM

Hi

If the wampmanager icon is not GREEN then one of the services ( Apache/MySQL ) has not started properly.

How to tell which service is not running if the wampmanager icon is orange.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> Apache -> Service Administration
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then Apache IS NOT running.

Left click the wampmanager icon to reveal the menu-> MySQL -> Service Administration
If the Start/Resume service menu is Green then MySQL IS NOT running.

Which service is Not Started?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 06, 2017 12:12PM

I don't have Apache -> Service Administration or Mysql -> Service Administration in my wamp/files. I start and stop the services in Wndows/configuration/system management/ services. Here i could start both services but my icon still keeps orange. I have added my database and tables wich i had saved before in de mysql data directory.
They are visible in phpmyadmin in the main directory. When i click there on one table i get the message : table does not exist. When i click on my database i get the message database has no tables.
However I had several PHP programs reading the connection and presens of tables . Running this php programs i get connection and The database has 6 tables.
The php programs were before listed in the directory c:\wamp\www\PHP. I added this file in the www directory of wampserver 32.
If i run localhost/php on the server all my php programs has a red/orange color but i can execute them as well.
For the evident I use innodb tables. which i cannot open in the phpmyadmin/sql section
Maybe i must change something in the config files ?
I don't know any solution Maybe you have another suggestion to solve the problem

Date: April 06, 2017 01:38PM

These are menu items accessed from the wampmanager icon in the System Tray. If you dont see wampmanager, open the tray expansion area by clicking on the little arrow.

And these are the menus activated by a left click overt the wampmanager icon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2017 01:39PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: April 07, 2017 06:01PM

Thank You for this information. I have seen now in my windows tray a green icon and by click on this i see both services apache and my mysql are green
In my phpmyadmin i see on my left site the names of my database and all my innodb files with theire
colomums. I get the message that my database has no tables and by click on a table i get the message table does not exist. Why can't i view and edit my tables in the sql part of phpmyadmin ??
In have several phpfiles in a separate PHP directory stored in c:/wamp/www
When i open localhost/PHP all my phpfiles are listed there and in front of the lines stays a question mark
Running a phpfile that lists all the tables in my database i get all the tables on my screen
I cannot go further if i cannot handle my tables
Do you have suggestions

Greeting Marcel van der Stap

Date: April 08, 2017 06:13PM

Hi

I am sorry but I am confused by your last post.

I have seen now in my windows tray a green icon
This si good and should mean that Apache and MySQL are started

and by click on this i see both services apache and my mysql are green
This is confusing. The Apache `Start/Resume Service` menu item should not be green. If apache is running it should be GREY like the image above. It should be disabled.

Do you have another version of Apache and maybe MySQL running on your system?

Date: April 11, 2017 03:20PM

I am sorry for confusion you. The situation yet is : I have a green symbol at the start of my window tray.
When i click on that i see the startmenu as you showed me before and i checked that both services wampapache and wampmysql are running.

When I open Phpmyadmin I see in the main directory at the left side the names of my database and all my tables that i had created before. The tables are innodb tables which I can't open in the sql part of phpmyadmin (error table does not exist). When i try to create an new innodb table with the same name i got error " Table already exist in the tablespace ". But i can't find them there . i can only create new tables as default myisam.
This is the first issue that must be solved now : How can i edit my existing innodb tables ?

The second issue is the position of my PHP files on the server. I had them always in C:\amp/www/PHP
But when i run this directory on my localhost, I got black question marks before the filename. However i can run the php files. Is this a config item.

The third issue is : Whitin my php file i have to move data with a form statement with action=S_server['PHP-SELF'] method is post. Php accepts the coding but my forms are not moved I checked that with an If Isset (submit) statement

I hope you can help me

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.