Problem after installing IIS after WAMP
Posted by: chrscote (---.dhcp.mnt.ct.atlanticbb.net)
Date: April 21, 2016 08:58PM

Hello,
I recently added IIS (7.5 to be exact) to my personal computer after having WAMP installed and am trying to display an .Net page. I know that they can't both be on the same port, so I changed the IIS port number to 8080. However, when I try to view a page (http://localhost:8080/net4Css/default.aspx) from that inetpub directory, I'm receiving the following error.

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

Can someone help me figure out why I'm receiving this message and what I need to do in order for the page to display?

All help is greatly appreciated,
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem after installing IIS after WAMP
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 21, 2016 09:03PM

Chris

As you seem to have done all the right things to allow Apache and IIS to coexist I think this is more of an IIS issue and for that you will have to find another group to help you out.

To be absolutely sure, if you make sure WAMPServer is not running then Apache will not ever be in the mix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.