New Wamp 2.0 Install Gives Script Errors Old 2.0 Install Did Not Give
Posted by: TonyTee (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2017 11:20PM

Since I don't have Wamperserver 3.0 installed most of the "READ AND ANSWER BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION" items don't apply. I just installed Wampserver 2.0 on my Windows 10 machine.
I tried the lastest version but had issues. I have Wampserver 2.0 on an old Windows 7 computer and it works fine for me. The question I have is how do I get previous (or newer)
versions of Apache, PHP and MysSQL mysqlnd to match what I have on my working Windows 7 machine? I tried SourceForge but don't see how to get other versions.This what I have
installed currently on each machine:

Windows 7 machine:
Apache 2.2.13
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL mysqlnd 5.0.37
PHP Extension mysqli
phpMyAdmin 3.2.01

Windows 10 machine:
Apache 2.2.11 (win32)
PHP 5.3.0
MySQL mysqlnd 5.0.5
PHP Extension mysqli
phpMyAdmin 3.2.01

PHP and MySQL scripts that work perfectly with Wampserver 2.0 on my Windows 7 machine get the following errors on my new Wampserver install on my Windows 10 machine:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xyz_tony1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\wamp\www\aaa\mobile\m_index.php on line 13

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\aaa\mobile\m_index.php on line 15

Notice: Use of undefined constant userid - assumed 'userid' in C:\wamp\www\aaa\mobile\m_index.php on line 18

Notice: Use of undefined constant passwrd - assumed 'passwrd' in C:\wamp\www\aaa\mobile\m_index.php on line 19

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\aaa\mobile\m_index.php on line 25
Invalid query: Access denied for user 'xyz_tony1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I don't get these errors on my Windows 7 machine with the same, exact script!

I can get into my database via phpMyAdmin just fine. I know I'll should upgrade to Wampserver 3 at some point but I have a project I need to complete and test and don't
have a lot of time to try to get the new version to work.

Any insight to my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Wamp 2.0 Install Gives Script Errors Old 2.0 Install Did Not Give
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2017 09:25AM

Hi,

Completely obsolete and unsupported, in any way.

See : Install a new release of Wampserver

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: TonyTee (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: April 04, 2017 12:53AM

Thank you! I figured as much. I will do that.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 04, 2017 10:10AM

Hi

All but one of the errors that you mention above are PHP coding errors. The other is because you have not setup a `xyz_tony1` User account in MYSQL

I suggest that you had errror reporting turned off in your previous instance of WAMPServers(PHP) and these errors were there all the time.

Simple way to prove it would be to set error reporting ON in your other WAMPServer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 10:11AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.