How to tweak a pre-made website - not working!
Posted by: bunda4 (---.elisa-mobile.fi)
Date: March 13, 2017 05:22PM

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit): 64bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) : Version 3.0.6 64bit

3 - Apache Version : Apache 2.4.23
4 - PHP Version: PHP 5.6.25
5 - MySQL Version: MySQL 5.7.14

6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) : green

I copied the files of an pre-made website wordpress blog into the directory: A:\wamp64\www\skincare and created a database in phpmyadmin with same name as this website's database which is ukraro_1 for example,imported the database file example.sql this is all what i did, once i open [localhost] all i get is a page with error website never works, is there any step i'm missing? Could anyone guide or tell me what i'm doing wrong? Thanks

Re: How to tweak a pre-made website - not working!
Posted by: Archaismic (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 14, 2017 02:16AM

You'd have to copy the entire database as well as everything in the www root folder. This has to be done through the sql database manager (in the case of wamp it uses mostly phpmyadmin)

You can't move a wordpress site without all the html/php files AND the attached database AND you have to make sure everything is in the same place(s) that it was where you migrated from.

There are tools to package a wordpress site for transfer. read up on those and follow the directions carefully, otherwise you may need to hire someone a bit more savvy.

Re: How to tweak a pre-made website - not working!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 14, 2017 11:36AM

You seem to have done most of the transfer correctly, but first I would suggest creating a Virtual Host to contain your WordPress site. This is most important for WP sites.

Second WordPress holds the url that the site was installed into in its database. This will need changing for correct usage of a WP site on a new url. See [codex.wordpress.org]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.