wamp server 2.4 not starting for windows server 2003.
Posted by: anishgiri (---.cebookshop.com)
Date: March 31, 2016 08:59AM

I have read that wamp version 2.4 will work on windows server 2003, so I installed it. But when I run it, its icon remains red. The complete detail of window server 2003 is window server 2003 r2, standard x64 edition, service pack 2.

I even tried this at httpd.conf

Listen 8092
ServerName localhost:8092

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 09:30AM by anishgiri.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp server 2.4 not starting for windows server 2003.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2016 10:10AM

Hi,

2.4 should work on server 2003.

Look at the Windows Event Log for messages from Apache and MYSQL to see what the problem might be.

Make sure you have the required MSVC runtimes installed

See here for links to MS downloads [forum.wampserver.com] you need VC9 & VC10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 01, 2016 02:19AM

I am also running xampp. Maybe this cause the problem. So I stop the xampp mysql service. Now xammp icon is orange. The mysql service icon is now red.Sso I guess it is running now. What I can't understand is why apache don't run even thought I already change its port(wamp). With these at httpd.conf

Listen 8092
ServerName localhost:8092

I tried to click Test Port 80 and it says, your port 80 is actually used by server:Apache/2.2.11. This is actually the apache used by xampp.

In my pc where I used window 7, I can run both xampp and wamp. I used wamp 2.0 there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 02:40AM by anishgiri.

Date: April 01, 2016 10:01AM

MYSQL also uses a TCP port ( 3306 ) by default.

WAMPServer and XAMPP are fairly similiar at least in so far as they both run Apache and MYSQL so if you try and run then together the 2 Apache's and 2 MYSQL's will both try and use the same port numbers and of course only the first one to get the port will actually run.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: April 01, 2016 10:26AM

RiggsFolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MYSQL also uses a TCP port ( 3306 ) by default.
>
> WAMPServer and XAMPP are fairly similiar at least
> in so far as they both run Apache and MYSQL so if
> you try and run then together the 2 Apache's and 2
> MYSQL's will both try and use the same port
> numbers and of course only the first one to get
> the port will actually run.

But I was able to run both xampp and wamp on my pc using windows 7. Under httpd.conf, I just change the port that my wamp apache listen to. But for some reason, I can't make it to work on our server that uses windows server 2003. Xampp works but wamp icon remains orange.

Date: April 01, 2016 11:00AM

You may think you got them both running but if you didnt change the MYSQL port on one of them then they will both have been using the same MYSQL Instance as both PHP's expect MYSQL to be listening on 3306.

Take a closer look at your machine that you think you got both working on.

Either that, or you always just started one of them at a time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 11:01AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.