Wamp Server 64 bit Upgrade
Posted by: sbishop33@gmail.com (---.ca.astound.net)
Date: March 09, 2017 10:08PM

Hi all,

Is there a 3.0.8 upgrade for Wamp Server 64 bit? I just installed 3.0.6, then tried to upgrade to 3.0.8. It appears to be for the 32 bit version. The default installation folder is C:\wamp and the 64 bit version installs in C:\wamp64.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp Server 64 bit Upgrade
Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: March 09, 2017 10:36PM

Just rename tack on 64 to the install directory and you should be good to go.

Posted by: sbishop33@gmail.com (---.sub-70-213-4.myvzw.com)
Date: March 10, 2017 12:41AM

Thanks for the quick answer. I did try that via the navigation button and selecting the wamp64 directory.. The message returned was that this is not the Wamp server directory. I am running Windows 7. I even tried to install under C:\wamp but it wouldn't do that either.

Posted by: Kirk (---.dhcp.stcd.mn.charter.com)
Date: March 10, 2017 01:28AM

I meant to change c:/wamp to c:/wamp64. Using the navigation button doesn't do what you want done.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2017 02:03AM

sBishop33,

In the install process, just select the wamp64 folder in the install dialog. The WAMPServer3.0.8 upgrade is not specific to 32 or 64 bit code, it just updates WAMPServer code.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2017 10:01AM

Hi,

If the install path of your Wampserver 3.0.6 version is "c:\wamp64", in the path dialog of 3.0.8 update you should have this path like this:

before Next button.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: sbishop33@gmail.com (---.ca.astound.net)
Date: March 11, 2017 04:22AM

Thanks for all your responses. Manually entering c:\wamp64 in the Setup dialog box was the solution.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.