wamp problem
Posted by: lunatic_3 (79.125.162.---)
Date: March 08, 2017 03:16AM

Hi.
im using wamp local server to build my site. today wamp was not openning it was showing an error, i searched the internet and found that i need to reinstall the program. before i delete it i copied the folder "wordpress" where were the files wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes and php files... after i reinstalled wamp,i opened the folder where was the "wordpress" folder and paste it. now the site is not opening. can you help me to fix it please? or i have to start doing the site agaim?
please help me to fix it because i have worked too much and dont want to do that again...
thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp problem
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 08, 2017 03:34AM

I have no idea why you uninstalled WAMPServer.
Maybe if you had come here first, we could have sorted the problem with you without loosing your data.

Beware of WAMPServer advice you find on the internet, most of it is total nonsense.

But I think you have probably lost your WordPress database, unless of course you have been doing things right and taking regular backups of your database and keeping them somewhere safe?

If not then you will have to start your site from new. But at least this time you will know to take regular database backups, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 03:40AM by RiggsFolly.

Date: March 08, 2017 03:41AM

i only copied my website files, wordpress core files olny. i did not exported the wordpress database. any suggestions ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 03:56AM by lunatic_3.

Date: March 08, 2017 03:55AM

WordPress uses a database to keep all your content in, the php scripts on there own are not the comeplete system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 08, 2017 04:00AM

i only copied my website files, wordpress core files olny. i did not exported the wordpress database. any suggestions ?
thank you.

Date: March 08, 2017 04:31AM

Yes,

Start your site again from scratch, and this time learn how WordPress works and do regluar backups

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 04:43AM by RiggsFolly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.