Error MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: franki (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2016 06:05AM

I'm getting this same error when I try to start WAMP after a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

First, I installed the two files as directed, and in the order as they were listed below. Then I installed wampserver3.0.4_x64_apache2.4.18_mysql5.7.11_php5.6.19-7.0.4.exe

-----------------------------

Windows 10, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2
The two files vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page:
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 Update 1

If you have a 64-bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64bit versions, even if you do not use Wampserver 64 bit.
-------------------------------

What did I do wrong??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2016 09:51AM by Otomatic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2016 09:58AM

Hi,

> What did I do wrong??
As explained in the prerequisite displayed before starting the installation, you must install or check all VC package not only VC 2015

- Uninstall Wampserver 3.0.4
- Apply totally item No. 20 of TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
As you have a Windows 64 bit, it makes you ten installations or checks
At the same time check the other points, particularly 03, 08 and 09

- Install Wampserver 3.0.4 as an administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 20, 2016 12:58PM

I followed every step (I didn't see the other few steps where Windows 10 was mentioned), still the same error. As far as installing all those VC packages, I went to each of those download pages and Microsoft did not list Windows 10 as a requirement. So as I see it they are not compatible with my OS.

I appreciate your help, but after so many years of using WAMP (thank you for that), this is the death blow for me. I'll either look at an alternative 'one-click' solution, or just install each of the local server components manually myself.

You guys are great, nothing against you, so sad I have to walk away from WAMP sad smiley

Date: March 20, 2016 01:16PM

I'm back! As a last ditch effort I thought I would have nothing to lose by attempting to install the 32 bit version of WAMP. The install was as smooth as ice and so far it's running perfectly. Happy to be back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.