Error 404 File Not Found Help!
Posted by: david (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 18, 2006 11:50PM

I can reach and modify my database outside of my network, but whenever i try and access it from the server it gives me an error 404 file not found. I cant get to localhost but if i try and go from there to my database it still does not work. Anyone got any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error 404 File Not Found Help!
Posted by: david (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2006 12:57AM

Also other odd things happen, for example if i type in my url from my house i get my routers config page instead of my website.

Oh and i figure out how to get to my database page by using the local ip of the server instead. i typed 192.168.2.6/database/viewnews.php that worked for some reason. can anyone shed some light on this for me.

Posted by: Lucas (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2006 09:50PM

hm... i have same problem but i Cann't access my page form aonther network only in my local host why? i dont have any idea and also i dont have router only Modem so i have all ports open ... Any idea ?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 09:03AM

localhost only works on your local computer. so, if you tell someone to access your site by [localhost], they will actually be trying to acccess their own computer. you need to use your ip addres so others can access your server, [123.456.789.012]

Posted by: Lucas (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 05:17PM

Ofmg ;/ we knom that ;/ !!!!!! but i give my frieds IP and Domain and nothing ;/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.