Posted by: mdeboard (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 07, 2016 04:19AM

1 - Windows version used = Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
2 - Version WampServer = 3.0.0, 64 bit
3 - Apache Version = 2.4.17
4 - PHP Version = 5.6.16
5 - MySQL Version = 5.7.9
6 - What color is the WampServer icon = YELLOW

a - Apache error log = None. When I click on the link it stated, “Does not exist. Create it?” I did.
Apache access log None. Same as above
b - MySQL error log = None. When I click on the link it stated, “Does not exist. Create it?” I did.
c - PHP error log = Same result as above. Did not exist and I clicked the button agreeing to create it.

Depending on the error, one or all of the above may be empty (they all were) so also look at

d - The windows event viewer
Here is the exact error message in eventvwr.exe: !Error, Apache Service Event ID: 3299 (and repeated many times)

7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them?
* Active means no # at the beginning of the line.
There are none (however there are several with the # sign in front)

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? No. It opens an IE browser with a HTTP 404 message.
9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? No. It opens an IE browser with a HTTP 404 message.

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post = Just what I posted above.
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these: SPYHUNTER 4
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\) = C:\wamp64

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stuck with Yellow Icon
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 07, 2016 10:52AM

Hi,

Read and apply: TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Stuck with Yellow Icon
Posted by: mdeboard (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 07, 2016 02:40PM

I thought I had covered everything and so went back through the process again. The culprit was Internet Information Services. The box for World Wide Web Services was still checked. Unchecking resolved the issue.

This is an excellent forum!

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.