Lightweight WAMP
Posted by: hzzg6y (106.209.182.---)
Date: February 24, 2017 01:41PM

I love WAMP server. However I want to make it lightweight with as below...

1. I just want to use Maria DB with Apache. I don't need MySQL & PHPMYADMIN. Reason being I want to reduce the load & improve the WAMP performance.

2. Please advice what is best to improve the performance on Windows desktop & Laptop.

3. I don't want any local PHP development enviroment. It is PHP based application which will be used.

4. Do we have any inbuild APC with WAMP server so that PHP application performance can be improved.

Any pointers or help will be much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lightweight WAMP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2017 03:48PM

Hi,

- 1 - See wamp\mariadb_support.txt
- 2 - Nothing to do with Wampserver
- 3 - ?
- 4 - ?

Wampserver itself is 5.3 MB and 123 files. The "weight" is Apache, PHP, MySQL and MariaDB.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 04:27PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 24, 2017 05:02PM

It seems to me that you are intending to use WAMPServer as a LIVE web server.

WAMPServer is designed to be a development environment. If you use it as a LIVE server, you can, but you do so at your own risk and it is assumed that YOU have ALL the relevant skills to do this SECURELY, and not us.

If you have a LapTop or Desktop and are running a Windows Desktop OS (i.e. not Windows Server) there is a Operating System limit of 30 incoming connections MAX. Therefore a Windows Desktop OS is not appropriate for running a LIVE webserver for anything other than the smallest and most insignificant Web Site.
NOTE: This is NOT a WAMPServer limit it is a Operating System Limit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: hzzg6y (203.215.51.---)
Date: April 14, 2017 02:07PM

I have a PHP -MYSQL application which I want to run or deploy on client machine.. Please advice how should I achieve this.

1. WAMP - So that he access the application via Localhost.
2. wrap the PHP -mysql application in some windows exe so that it works as windows application.

Rgds

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: April 14, 2017 06:40PM

This is totally up to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.