WampServer + Imagick : missing types
Posted by: thibb (---.fbxo.proxad.net)
Date: March 01, 2016 10:41AM

Hi everyone.

I am a French developer, working with WampServer 2.5, 64bits version, on Windows 10 with Apache 2.4.9 and PHP 5.5.12.

Here is my problem : I work on a project using Imagick (which worked fine on other computers). I need to install Imagick on mine in order to work with this tool too.

I've been looking for solutions to have Image Magic and Imagick in my PHP extensions for weeks. Now, php_imagick appears in my PHP extensions list. Checked.

But, when i run a phpinfo(), I can see that some "very usefull types" such as JPEG and PNG are missing :

3FR, AAI, ARW, AVI, AVS, BIE, BMP, BMP2, BMP3, BRF, CAL, CALS, CANVAS, CAPTION, CIP, CLIP, CLIPBOARD, CR2, CRW, CUR, DATA, DCR, DDS, DFONT, DJVU, DNG, DOT, DPS, DXT1, DXT5, EMF, EPT, EPT2, EPT3, ERF, EXR, FAX, FPX, FRACTAL, G3, GIF, GIF87, GRADIENT, GV, HALD, HDR, HISTOGRAM, HRZ, HTM, HTML, ICO, ICON, IIQ, INFO, INLINE, IPL, ISOBRL, ISOBRL6, J2C, J2K, JBG, JBIG, JNX, JP2, JPC, JPM, JPT, K25, KDC, LABEL, M2V, M4V, MAC, MAP, MASK, MATTE, MEF, MIFF, MKV, MONO, MOV, MP4, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MRW, MSL, MTV, MVG, NEF, NRW, NULL, ORF, OTB, OTF, PAL, PALM, PANGO, PATTERN, PCD, PCDS, PCT, PDB, PEF, PES, PFA, PFB, PICT, PIX, PLASMA, PREVIEW, PWP, RADIAL-GRADIENT, RAF, RAW, RGF, RLA, RLE, RMF, RW2, SCR, SCREENSHOT, SCT, SFW, SHTML, SIX, SIXEL, SPARSE-COLOR, SR2, SRF, STEGANO, TEXT, THUMBNAIL, TILE, TIM, TTC, TTF, TXT, UBRL, UBRL6, UIL, UYVY, VID, WBMP, WEBP, WMF, WMV, WPG, X3F, XBM, XC, XCF, YUV

I a use the command "convert -list format", these extensions appears to be supported.

So, if anyone has a solution to get these extensions working on Wamp in order to make Imagick work, it will be great !

Thanks a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer + Imagick : missing types
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 01, 2016 11:13AM

Hi,

Something is odd then!

On PHP5.5.12 using Imagick 3.3.0RC2 I have the following

3FR, AAI, AI, ART, ARW, AVI, AVS, BGR, BGRA, BGRO, BIE, BMP, BMP2, BMP3, BRF, CAL, CALS, CANVAS, CAPTION, CIN, CIP, CLIP, CLIPBOARD, CMYK, CMYKA, CR2, CRW, CUR, CUT, DCM, DCR, DCX, DDS, DFONT, DJVU, DNG, DOT, DPS, DPX, DXT1, DXT5, EMF, EPDF, EPI, EPS, EPS2, EPS3, EPSF, EPSI, EPT, EPT2, EPT3, ERF, EXR, FAX, FITS, FPX, FRACTAL, FTS, G3, GIF, GIF87, GRADIENT, GRAY, GROUP4, GV, H, HALD, HDR, HISTOGRAM, HRZ, HTM, HTML, ICB, ICO, ICON, IIQ, INFO, INLINE, IPL, ISOBRL, J2C, J2K, JBG, JBIG, JNG, JNX, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPG, JPM, JPS, JPT, JSON, K25, KDC, LABEL, M2V, M4V, MAC, MAGICK, MAP, MASK, MAT, MATTE, MEF, MIFF, MKV, MNG, MONO, MOV, MP4, MPC, MPEG, MPG, MRW, MSL, MSVG, MTV, MVG, NEF, NRW, NULL, ORF, OTB, OTF, PAL, PALM, PAM, PANGO, PATTERN, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PCL, PCT, PCX, PDB, PDF, PDFA, PEF, PES, PFA, PFB, PFM, PGM, PICON, PICT, PIX, PJPEG, PLASMA, PNG, PNG00, PNG24, PNG32, PNG48, PNG64, PNG8, PNM, PPM, PREVIEW, PS, PS2, PS3, PSB, PSD, PTIF, PWP, RADIAL-GRADIENT, RAF, RAS, RAW, RGB, RGBA, RGBO, RGF, RLA, RLE, RMF, RW2, SCR, SCREENSHOT, SCT, SFW, SGI, SHTML, SIX, SIXEL, SPARSE-COLOR, SR2, SRF, STEGANO, SUN, SVG, SVGZ, TEXT, TGA, THUMBNAIL, TIFF, TIFF64, TILE, TIM, TTC, TTF, TXT, UBRL, UIL, UYVY, VDA, VICAR, VID, VIFF, VIPS, VST, WBMP, WEBP, WMF, WMV, WPG, X3F, XBM, XC, XCF, XPM, XPS, XV, YCbCr, YCbCrA, YUV

Although I am using 32bit WAMPServer and 32 Imagick

Can you start by answering these questions, and also let us nkow what version of IMAGICK you have installed

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 01, 2016 03:13PM

Hi, i am using imagick 3.1.2 and ImageMagick 6.8.8-4 Q16 x64 2014-01-29.

I can try to install another version... do you think it can be the 32/64bits of WAMPServer ?

I've read many tutos on how install ImageMagick and imagick but maybe, you have a better one ?

MySQL version is 5.6.17, my WampServer icon is green; I have access to localhost, and phpmyadmin.

My full path for the installation of WampServer is : C:\wamp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 03:44PM by thibb.

Date: March 01, 2016 03:45PM

Hi,

Not sure this constitutes a tutorial but these are the note I made last time I installed Image Magic and imagick and Ghostscript. I hope they help

How it should work!

Download the Imagick software from The Imagick binary release page

If you are running WAMPServer 32bit then you need the ....Q8-x86-dll.exe or the ....Q16-x86-dll.exe
- Q8 = 8 bits-per-pixel component
- Q16 = 16 bits-per-pixel component

This is an installer exe file. I recommend using the Q16 versions as these seem to be what the PECL php_imagick.dll gets compiled with.

Read the Imagick download page there will be a reference to any external DLL's that it may require specifically the MSVC Runtime library it is compiled with.
You should check you have this installed BEFORE installing Imagick, the version as of writing this is VC12 (VS2013) but this will change over time, CHECK IT although you should already have it installed as Apache/PHP will need the same version of the C/C++ runtime anyway!

Run the installer, now you can install this anywhere, but I change the path that it is installed into to my ?:wamp folder eg. C:\wamp\imagemagick

The last step of the install is to run a test, do as it says on the last windows of the install. If the install has worked you can run it form any folder/drive as the install will have added the drive:\folder that you installed into to your PATH, it will create a wizard.jpg file in the current folder, you may want to delete this after the test, assuming the test works.

NOW FOR THE PHP Extension:

At the bottom of the The Imagick binary release page you should see a link to Application Programming Interfaces.

Click the PHP - IMagick link, this will take you to a PECL page with a list of releases, avoid the Release candidates[RC] or beta release, unless you know what you are doing.
Select the DLL link on the row containing the release you want for the version you want to download. (see later for how to find older releases)
- This will lead you to another PECL page where you will find the download links for php_imagick.dll.
- - Note that they are specific to PHP Version and 32/64 bit of the PHP they are to be used within.
- - Also specific to Apache/PHP configuration. For WAMPServer you need the Thread Safe version.
If you, like me, have versions of PHP from 5.3 through 5.6 & PHP7 you may need to download a seperate version for PHP5.3 & PHP5.4 & PHP5.5 & PHP5.6
- There is no version of php_imagick.dll for PHP7 yet, but there may well be when you come to read this.

Download which ever verions of php_imagick you need. These are zip files.
- unzip the downloaded file
- copy the php_imagick.dll from the unzipped folder to your \wamp\bin\php\php{version}\ext folder

Now we need to add an extension line to the php.ini for the versions(s) of PHP you are currently running.
- Using the wampmanager menus, edit the php.ini file
- - wampmanager -> PHP -> php.ini
- - this will open the correct php.ini file. Locate the section of the php.ini where all the extensions are included and add
- - extension=php_imagick.dll

Now start WAMPServer, or restart Apache if it was already running.
- Check the

GhostScript from Ghostscript download page, GNU Affero General Public License
Pick the 32bit or 64bit version that matches your OS and WAMPServer

Run the downloaded exe, it is an installer.

Again install into the \wamp folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: March 02, 2016 09:51AM

Thanks for this answear.

I've tried it but now, the imagick info disapears from my phpinfo page !

Maybe it comes from my Wamp 64 bit version... If I uninstall it to change to 32 bit, will I loose my projects in www ?

Date: March 02, 2016 11:46AM

Look at this post on how to SAFELY install another verison of WAMPServer

Installing a new release of WAMPServer

Sometimes I wonder why we bother making these post Sticky, it's supposed to make people see them easier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.