Matching PHP version
Posted by: rosede (---.om.om.cox.net)
Date: February 20, 2016 04:24PM

Hello,

I am using Wamp version 2.5 on my development machine, which includes php 5.5. My hosting company uses php 5.4. I downloaded a working copy of my site, so I can test updates, but index.php is not working and I think that its because of the php version.

Years ago I was able to tweak my version of Wamp to match what my hosting company is using, or very close to, but now, I can't seem to find the correct version of php that I need.

1. Is it likely that php 5.5 is causing my issues?
2. Can I download php 5.4 for Wamp 2.5? I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you.

Daryl Rose

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matching PHP version
Date: February 20, 2016 04:36PM

After posting this question, I started looking at Wamp 3. I see Wamp 3 has php 5.4. Can I upgrade from wamp 2.5 to Wamp 3? I have a custom install, e.g., not default location, using virtual hosts.... I don't want to redo everything that I've done, and I don't want to lose any of the sites that I am working on.

Thank you.

Daryl Rose

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2016 04:58PM

Hi,

Wampserver Update 2.5 to 3.0.3 does not change your configuration. You keep the versions Apache, PHP and MySQL that you use, so your VirtualHost and local sites are not changed.

Carefully read the message: Wampserver 3 All you need to know
The requirements to install Wampserver update 25 to 3.0.3 are the same as for install Wampserver 3, so must install VC++ packages BEFORE updating.

WARNING: Don't install Wampserver 3.0.0.
Use UPDATES and -- Wampserver 2.5 -> 3.0.3 - 32 bit x86 or -- Wampserver 2.5 -> 3.0.3 - 64 bit x64

Nevertheless, as I have already written, and despite all the trials, I am not immune to error. So, make a full backup of the wamp folder before applying the 2.5 update -> 3.0.3.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2016 05:02PM by Otomatic.

Date: February 20, 2016 10:34PM

Hello,

I'll upgrade, however, I have a couple of questions.

1. You said not to use Wamp 3.0.0, but to use 3.0.3. Is the latest download 3.0.3?

2. Can I upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0.3, or do I first have to uninstall 2.5, and install fresh 3.0.3?

Thank you.

Daryl

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2016 12:08AM

[forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 21, 2016 03:28PM

Hello,

I successfully upgraded Wamp 2.5 to 3.0.3. I went to download PHP 5.4 for 3.0.3 and discovered that its only for 32bit. Do you have a 64bit version? If not, will the 32bit work?

Thank you.

Daryl

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 21, 2016 03:44PM

Hi,

> Do you have a 64bit version? If not, will the 32bit work?
The first 64 bit PHP version was 5.5.0. There is no 5.4.x 64 bit version.
Don't install 32 bit PHP or MySQL on a Wampserver 64 bit.

I still do not understand this determination to want absolutely use PHP 64-bit versions while it does is absolutely worthless.
The only real support 64 bit is PHP 7 64 bit with Windows 64 bit.

> My hosting company uses php 5.4. I
Not in 64 bit.

> but index.php is not working and I think that its because of the php version.
What are errors ?

Note : I have a version PHP 5.4.12 64 bit and I can make an addon for Wampserver 3.0.3 64 bit

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2016 03:57PM by Otomatic.

Date: February 21, 2016 07:40PM

I think that I have this issue resolved.

The reason why I was looking for 64bit PHP is because I am using 64bit Wamp Server. You may be correct that my hosting company is using 32bit PHP, but my local version is 64bit.

I found an error in my .htaccess that was causing my issues, so I am able to move forward with php 5.5. So far, that is working for me.

Thank you very much for all of your assistance. I am now successfully upgraded to Wamp 3.0.3 and all of my development sites are in tact and working.

Thank you.

Daryl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.