Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Setup Failes
Posted by: tultalk (---.direcway.com)
Date: February 18, 2017 06:30PM

The tray icon is green and I have accessed php admin and imorted database from remote server.
The desktop wamp icon is still red/orange.

What is supposed to happen when I click on the wamp icon? Right now I get dialog to allow to continue then a cmd screen flashed and goes away then n thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 18, 2017 08:26PM

Hi,

Desktop icon is a Shortcut that launch Wampserver. It is always pink. The launch of this Shortcut create tray icon.
The tray icon must be green and have all Left-click or Right-click menus to manage Apache, PHP, MySQL and WampServer Settings. There are also some tools.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 18, 2017 08:50PM

Thanks. Set up project. Now to import from website.

Date: February 19, 2017 09:54AM

Hi,

> Now to import from website.
To avoid future problems, you must use the VirtualHost, as in the hosting of your website.
See The need for Virtual Host

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 19, 2017 11:09AM

Thanks for link to vitual hosts page. I was hoping there would be directions applicable specifically to wamp. Outstanding support here.

Still waiting for info on this blog setup or one of equal presence.

Again best regards and thanks for all the work. Is there a donation page?

Date: February 19, 2017 11:22AM

Hi,

> Still waiting for info on this blog setup or one of equal presence.
I don't understand what you want.

Date: February 19, 2017 12:07PM

Your blog (this one we are conversing on). Is it something you developed or is it a freeware item? I would like something similar on our website. I tried a few thing and did not like them.

So my question is:: Where can I get a similar blog system?

Also you did not answer about donations.

Date: February 19, 2017 02:45PM

Hi,

> Your blog (this one we are conversing on). Is it something you developed or is it a freeware item?
This is called a "forum", it's not quite the same as a blog.
This one has been piloted by "phorum" for very many years, it has not changed since Romain Bourdon (The original developer of Wamp5) opened it.
There are many type of forum, from light as FluxBB to PhpBB
At the beginning of my connections to what was not called the Internet in 1986, we called it BBS, Bulletion Board Service.

> Also you did not answer about donations.
I'm afraid there's no longer a link for a donation.
Anyway, we support Wampserver (developments and aids) because it makes us happy and this: "work" is for fun - it is priceless
If you really want to give something, do it to a recognized charity of your country.

My maternal great-grandmother said: "The generosity must be anonymous and discreet."
It is a principle that I always follow, so I do not want to use Web pages to make donations.
For a long time I practice what I call "proximity Caritative". There is no lack, alas, in the street, of homeless or refugees for whom a small gesture is comforting.
Do the same, there is no need the Internet to be kind and generous.

Date: February 19, 2017 10:54PM

Hi:

In "the need for virtual hosts" it says:

How do I turn this other 'My Virtual Hosts' menu on?
This may be a little premature but I suppose now is as good a time as any to tell you that.

- Make a backup of the \wamp\wampmanager.tpl file, just in case you make a mistake, its a very important file.
- Edit the \wamp\wampmanager.tpl
- Find this parameter ';WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU', its in the '[Menu.Left]' section.
- Add this new parameter ';WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU' either before or after the ';WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU' parameter.
- Save the file.
- Now left click the wampmanager icon, and select 'Refresh'. If this does not add the menu, 'exit' and restart wampmanager.

In the actual tpl file, the parameter ;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU line is already there.

[Menu.Left]
;WAMPMENULEFTSTART
Type: separator; Caption: "Made in France by Otomatic"
Type: item; Caption: "${w_localhost}"; Action: run; FileName: "${c_navigator}"; Parameters: "${c_edge}[localhost]${UrlPort}/"; Glyph: 27
${SupportDBMS}Type: item; Caption: "${w_phpmyadmin}"; Action: run; FileName: "${c_navigator}"; Parameters: "${c_edge}[localhost]${UrlPort}/phpmyadmin/"; Glyph: 28
;WAMPVHOSTSUBMENU
;WAMPALIASSUBMENU
;WAMPPROJECTSUBMENU

Am I missing something?

Thanks and best regards

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2017 01:06AM

>Am I missing something?
Yes the easy way!

The correct solution for WAMPServer 3 is:

Right click wampmanager -> WAMP Settings -> VirtualHosts sub-menu

click the `Virtual Hosts Submenu` if it does not already have a green tick beside it. Then wait while WAMPSevrer restarts all services.

So much easier

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 20, 2017 03:38AM

Hi

I had already done it. Anyway, as you sort of predicted, I have some kind of "mess"

I originally set up my project under wamp\www\jala-mi.org That iufortunately opened my real site.

I moved the site files to C:\websites\jalamior.com\www

I changed the hosts file:

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 jalamior.dev
::1 jalamior.dev

I changed to conf file:

# Virtual Hosts
#

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName localhost
ServerAlias localhost
DocumentRoot c:/wamp/www
<Directory "c:/wamp/www/">
Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
AllowOverride All
Require local
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "c:/websites/jalamior.com/www/"
ServerName jalamior.dev
ServerAlias www.jalamior.dev
<Directory "c:/websites/jalamior.com/www">
AllowOverride All
Require all granted
</Directory>

php_flag display_errors Off
php_flag log_errors On
php_value max_upload_size 40M
php_value max_execution_time 120
php_value error_log "c:/wamp/logs/example_com_phperror.log"
</VirtualHost>

#

Since jala-mi.org still came up under projects and jala.dev under virtual hosts, I decided to find out where that still was

Virtual host management did not show it:

ServerName : localhost - Directory : c:/wamp/www
ServerName : jalamior.dev - Directory : c:/websites/jalamior.com/www/

So I went into wampmanager.ini and found the jala.dev and jala-mi.org there and changed them:

Type: item; Caption: "jalamior.dev"; Action: run; FileName: "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"; Parameters: "[jalamior.dev];; Glyph: 5
Type: item; Caption: "jalamior.dev"; Action: run; FileName: "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"; Parameters: "[jalamior.dev];; Glyph: 5
Type: item; Caption: "jalamior.com"; Action: run; FileName: "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"; Parameters: "[jalamior.com];; Glyph: 5
Type: item; Caption: "jalamior.com"; Action: run; FileName: "C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"; Parameters: "[jalamior.com];; Glyph: 5

I have stopped and restarted services several time and the jala.dev still comes up.
with a page not found.

Where else should i look to fix this?

Sorry. I am probably the user from hell.
So here we are. I right click on the

Date: February 20, 2017 04:36AM

Further: I went to localhost in browser and it opened screen with link to jalamior.dev at the bottl. Click on that opened local website

[jalamior.dev]

Clicking link on that page took me to my real site.

[www.jala-mi.org]

How do I force apache to serve up page from my local files?

Thanks??

Date: February 20, 2017 11:45AM

This sounds like a WordPress site issue. If this is a WordPress site, you now need to read [codex.wordpress.org]

Oh and by the way, once WAMPServer is running we consider our work done. We cannot support every app out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: February 20, 2017 12:29PM

Hi:

Understand. Nothing to do with wordpress.

Date: February 20, 2017 01:11PM

Then I would check your code. We have to assume you are using a link that contains the whole domain of your LIVE site somewhere rather than a relative address.

Date: February 20, 2017 01:56PM

Hi:

You are correct in that:

<head>
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="XZ4gz3yJhwK1-Xw_pZJBuQBHQ4hv7EgZTIC87M5kMzg" />
<title>Welcome To The Jackson Area Landlords Association Web Site</title>
<base href="[www.jala-mi.org];

and

<li><a href="/jala_contact.htm">Contact Us</a></li>

Shouldn't there be some kind of conf entry to prevent the call going outside the local environment?

Another issue this am. The tray icon is gone. It was there and green last night. I double clicked the wamp desktop icon and it went through the cmd window routine but the tray icon does not come back

However, if I put jalamior.dev in the url, it opens the virtual host. Putting localhost in the url bring up the server configuration page so I know the server is running. Strange.

Best regards

Date: February 20, 2017 02:50PM

It is probably in the System Tray EXPANSION AREA!
Click the Left Arrow Head to see the contents of the expansion area.

Shouldn't there be some kind of conf entry to prevent the call going outside the local environment?

NO, this is totally up to YOUR CODE, if you understood what you were asking you would not ask!

And again, these are NOT WAMPServer issues.
Once you install a web server and a DBMS you took on the roles of:

System Admin
Database Admin
Database Designer
Web Server Admin
Analyst
Developer
User
Tester

etc etc

Now you have to learn how to do all these roles, it is not our job to teach them to you.
WAMPServer gives you the environment in which to play and learn these roles. Unfortunately it does not come with a plugin that suddenly gives you these skills.

See my or Otomatics signature for links to some of the Manuals that you now need to read and understand

Date: February 20, 2017 04:38PM

It is probably in the System Tray EXPANSION AREA!
Click the Left Arrow Head to see the contents of the expansion area.

It is not in the expansion area. I looked at that already.

I will figure it out. Just didn't thin inventing wheel again was productive.

Best regards

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.