Accessing local host problem
Posted by: szbalazs (---.residential.rdsnet.ro)
Date: February 13, 2017 11:13AM

Hi! I've read almost anything possible on this forum, and still can't make WAMP access Localhost.
I'm using Windows 10 - 64
I just downloaded WampServer 3.0.6 and every time I want to access the Localhost page it gives me the 404 error.
Solved the Skype issue by changing port, I tried 3 different browsers (Explorer 11, Chrome - it was useless, for reasons read in the forum - Firefox).
I've installed VC++ 32/64 both.
When I move the mouse cursor in the W icon(which is orange continuously), it says 1 of 2 services not running.
Now, since Explorer seems to be preferred by WAMP, I'm trying to make it work only on that, but no success.
Any idea that might help? Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accessing local host problem
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2017 11:17AM

Hi,

> (which is orange continuously)

- 1 - Please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

- 2 - TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: Accessing local host problem
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2017 12:14PM

If the wampmanager icon is orange, then one of the services (wampapache64 or wampmysqld64) is not started.

Solved the Skype issue by changing port, Did you change Apache's port or did you configure SKYPE to not use port 80?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.