Full Back up of my PHP admin
Posted by: codeispoetry (---.230.69.182.airtelbroadband.in)
Date: February 13, 2017 03:29AM

I have around 40+ website installed by using PHPMYADMIN. Now I am installing a fresh window from 32 bit to 64 bit. I need to take the wamp back up. I have already transferred my whole www folder to the external hard disk, but I want to take a backup of all the databases or perhaps whole PHPMYADMIN. Individual back of databases is not possible as it will take time. Remember I am moving from 32 bit to 64 bit window.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Full Back up of my PHP admin
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 13, 2017 05:44AM

Hi,

If you want to be sure you are properly backed up, then you will have to take the time to back them all up, one by one.

You could consider using the `mysqldump` processor, but that would back all the databases up into one file. If that one file has any kind of corruption you might looose all your databases.

Basically if you have backed up the COMPLETE \wamp folder you have also copied all your databases as well.

But if you are considering installing the 64bit WAMPServer and a newer version of MYSQL on your new system, I would not take any shortcuts. I would backup each database individually. Remember it may take some time, but imagine how long ot will take to re-create that databases if you dont have a good backup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.