Error while installtion of wampserver 2.0i
Posted by: royalprince (59.95.160.---)
Date: May 12, 2010 08:32PM

Hey Guys,

First of all, thanks for the miraculous solution for WAMP, I was accustomed to use easyphp but wamp has made my life so much easier.

SO here is the problem..

Since my wampserver was sort of outdated (I had wampserver 2.0d), I decided to uninstall it and download the latest copy of wampserver (wampserver 2.0i for now). I downloaded the file successfully without any errors, but when I tried to install it, it was unable to extract file/s. So, I decided to download it again and reinstall it, but again same error but with different file/s.

Finally, I decided to change the server from which I was downloading (from taiwan to US) at sourceforge and downloaded the file again. This time I was pretty sure that I would have overcome the problem, but again there it was "An error occurred while trying to copy a file: the source file is corrupted" "Abort Retry or Ignore".

I really want this to install but it was my 6th attempt to install wamp with failure.

Please assist me if I am going wrong or there are some things going on with source forge servers which make the files corrupt.

I also tried to install wampserver 2.0h but it also failed giving the same error.

Anticipating full proof reply...

Hey any guy would be kind enough to upload a good working installation package on any file servers (preferably on www.multiupload.com) and give me the link.

Regards and thanks in advance....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2010 08:38PM by royalprince.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error while installtion of wampserver 2.0i
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2010 01:17AM

sound like your firewall/antivirus block download, so disable/uninstall your firewall/antivirus, download wamp from another link below, install wamp then reinstall your firewall/antivirus WHILE wamp is running

[downloads.jlbn.net]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: royalprince (59.95.173.---)
Date: May 13, 2010 06:52AM

Hey yfastud,

I have tried disabling MS security essentials (the antivirus), but again the same probelm. Additionally I have no problems in downloading other programs easyphp, uniformserver etc. with or without the antivirus...

what can the problem be, i have even tried to use download managers instead of default browser downloads.. but still....

Please assist...

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2010 12:10AM

the wamp installer from the link above is already downloaded and installed many many times successful so the only thing I can think of is some firewall/antivirus on your pc block the downloading

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: Muzakkir Janny (124.82.65.---)
Date: January 24, 2016 08:52PM

Hi ! I know these question only worth 5 years ago. But maybe most people facing the same problems and it was same goes to me. Since the answer here not much of help so I try figure it out myself and add on the answer here.

My Solution:
After figured out that shut it security application including disable my antivirus, clean up temp and dummy file didnt work and also I thought problems with the drive so I tried install to my external hard drive but also didnt work. I try reinstall the installer using my brother Laptop and copy and use the installer on my pc. It works jz fine.

The problem might arise from your downloader application program didnt download it well so the file corrupted. In my case, I using downloader maybe other people using Internet Download Manager or equivalence software.

Just use your browser default downloader as solution., tq

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.