WampServer does not open after installation
Posted by: DocVogue (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2017 05:03AM

I have downloaded and installed each of 64 bit and 32 bit versions and neither version of WampServer will open. On clicking the desktop icon to load the program, there is what looks like a cmd black screen that blinks open for only a second and disappears. I have tried it with both Firefox and Chrome with the same result. I'm running Windows 10, 64bit.
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WampServer does not open after installation
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 07, 2017 09:12AM

Hi

Please read WAMPServer 3 All you need to know
Specifically the section called Before running the install, you must read these prerequisites:

Then scroll down a little and see the links to all the required MSVC Runtime libraries that need to be installed BEFORE installing WAMPServer.

NOTE: This information was provided as part of the install, in a dialog that you must pass before the install begins to put files on your system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.