Fail to install Visual Studio 2015
Posted by: Wizzz (---.133.23.93.rev.sfr.net)
Date: January 11, 2016 08:30AM

I am trying to install Wampserver 3 and I managed to set up all asked Visual Studio up to Visual Studio 2013 but when I try to set up Visual Studio 2015, it failed, even if I re-download the packages and re-do the procedure again and again.
Here are the logs they gave me: [pastebin.ca]

I have no idea what to do and google didn't help me.
I am running a Windows Seven 64bits.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fail to install Visual Studio 2015
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2016 09:56AM

Hi,

May be you need to install VC 2015 here [www.microsoft.com] béfore to install VC 2015 Update 1.
Note : For Windows 64 bit you need to install both versions 32 and 64 bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 11, 2016 10:00AM

Hello Wizzz

You do NOT need to install ANY versions of Visual Studio to get any version of WAMPServer to run on your PC.

What IS required are the Runtime Libraries that are released with some versions of Visual Studio.

Each version of Visual Studio for C/C++ has a runtime library that is releases to support code written in MS C/C++. This is because Apache is compiled with this compiler and makes use of these libraries.
These are all you need to install. They are small and take a minute each to install.

If you read this post (Point 20) it will tell you which of these Libraries are required for which version of WAMPServer TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS

You can if you wish uninstall all the versions of Visual Studio that you installed to reclaim the space on your PC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2016 10:55AM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Wizzz (---.207.201.77.rev.sfr.net)
Date: January 15, 2016 06:50PM

RiggsFolly: I was not talking about full install of VS but runtime libraries I found on this forum, the ones you gave me. My bad. I found the solution. It wasn't to set up VC 2015 before the Update 1, Otomatic, but I needed to update my windows. He was supposed to automatically tell me when there was new updates but when I start a research, he found a bunch of them.
Now, it works. So, be up to date.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.