After installing an app, I now get the firbidden error.
Posted by: brian@brianandmaryadams.com (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 03, 2017 12:09AM

Installed WAMP on Windows 7. All was good, I pulled up phpmyadmin, all was well. I have a domain name that points to my local server. The host files on all my computers include a direct to the domain name to the local ip of the server.

The install of the app (ipboard by Innovations) goes like this:

1. Copy the software to the folder you want it installed to. I copied it to the root of www. You load localhost and you get the installer.

2. It does a check to confirm all requirements are met, then asks for the location of the mysql server - localhost - enter username and password and a name for the DB that will be created.

3. It installed. It asks if I want to login as admin or the site. I chose admin and all is well, access the site all is good. But from any other machine in the house I get the dreaded Forbidden. You don't have access to / You know it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: After installing an app, I now get the firbidden error.
Posted by: brian@brianandmaryadams.com (---.lightspeed.frokca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 03, 2017 12:10AM

Forgot to tell it to notify me of repliessmiling smiley

Re: After installing an app, I now get the firbidden error.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2017 10:04AM

See this post [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.