Help me browse a forum databse please!
Posted by: Salty-san (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: February 02, 2017 09:06AM

I am not coding savvy at all so I don't know how to do this, I just want to host a forum databse that I have locally to browse it but need help. I just installed WAMP Server via a good quick article guide and it all looks like everything worked as it should:

[www.howtogeek.com]

Now I just don't know how to host my forum locally. I don't need it to be on the Internet or anything like that. It's a PHP forum database but saved in SQL format, and it begins with #phpbackup and so on. I know for a fact
it works because a friend of mine managed to host it perfectly just like it used to be, so that's not a problem.

I just don't know how to build the index for it and have it be browsable. What tools I need, what to copy and paste and all that.

So if anyone can take me where I need to be on a step by step I would really appreciate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help me browse a forum databse please!
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2017 02:25PM

Hi,

Glad all is well with WAMPServer.

However, we only supply free support for free WAMPServer itself. I hope you understand that we cannot support every app that exist that would run on an Apache/MYSQL/PHP environment. Afterall one of the main purposes of WAMPServer is for people like yourself, new to web work, to find out how it all works after having a stable foundation installed like WAMPServer.

Good Luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Help me browse a forum databse please!
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 02, 2017 05:44PM

Hi,

As previously written RiggsFolly, the purpose of this forum is not to explain how to use MySQL.
Nevertheless, there are two possibilities to "read" the database:

- Create a database and import, via PhpMyAdmin, the SQL file. Then, again via PhpMyAdmin, you can read the contents of the database.

- Locally install the same forum that uses the database and import the SQL file via PhpMyAdmin to create this database.

And, my "help" will stop there.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.