Warning!
Posted by: bertjuhh (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: February 16, 2006 08:50PM

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Documents and Settings\bertie van de bunte\Bureaublad\Webpagina's

What do I have to do to get this fixed? This is mi PHP.INI: (only the mail-part)

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from = 25

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i"winking smiley.
;sendmail_path =

Desperate,

Bertjuhh

Re: Warning!
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2006 01:22AM

you can not send mail by php mail unless you have a smtp (email) server installed and running on your computer. There are hundreds of free smtp servers you can find and install and use. also, do not install your smtp server as a service, or it will always be running and will be detected and abused by spammers in no time.

Posted by: bertjuhh (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:18AM

Where can i download a mailserver?

Date: February 17, 2006 04:31PM

be forwarned that you need to have some technical knowledge to setup a mail server.And like I said before, since you do not know how to secure you mail server, only use it while you are testing scripts, and turn it off when you are not using it, or spammers will be abusing it in no time, your isp may even suspend your internet account.

[sourceforge.net]

Posted by: Scott (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:41PM

here were it says localhost replace localhost with one of the 2 lines below and forword port 25 to the computer you are running wamp on.

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost
smtp_port = 25

smtp-out3.xs4all.nl
or
pvvliet.xs4all.nl

if neither one of these work look in your outlook express and find the smtp server your isp goes threw and put that in.

Date: February 17, 2006 11:32PM

SCOTT: here were it says localhost replace localhost with one of the 2 lines below and forword port 25 to the computer you are running wamp on.

This is not going to work. you can not access your ISP smtp servers without our user id and password. you need a local mail server for this to work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.