SQLSRV on Wamp3 + PHP7
Posted by: Mikespo (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: January 04, 2016 11:52PM

I'm testing a port from Wamp 2.5 & PHP 5.5.12 to Wamp 3.1 & PHP 7.0.1, everything is mostly okay with some functions that need to be changed... The only thing that seems to be completely broken and I can't seem to fix is SQLSRV extension.

I downloaded SQLSRV32.EXE and put the .dll's into C:/wamp/bin/php/php7.0.1/ext/ and restarted Wamp, I see the extensions under Wamp Tray -> PHP -> Extensions, I enable them, but I dont see them in phpinfo(). I check PHP Error.log and find:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:/wamp/bin/php/php7.0.1/ext/php_pdo_sqlsrv_55_ts.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

I am 100% certain that the module is in the correct spot, I see them in Wamp, but they're not showing up on PHPinfo. I have added C:/wamp/bin/php/php7.0.1/ to my PATH as well as put the .dlls in system32 just to be safe.

Is there something that Im missing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SQLSRV on Wamp3 + PHP7
Posted by: RiggsFolly (---.as43234.net)
Date: January 05, 2016 10:21AM

Hi Mike,

As far as I know the MSSQL extension and associated MS drivers are not yet ready for PHP7. I found a blog that suggested they would be ready around the end of Jan 2016, but please do not read that as a definite date.

These drivers are produced by Microsoft and therefore the people at WAMPServer have no control over these extensions.

Quick Point

It is never necessary and strongly discouraged, to put any \wamp folders on your PATH permanantly. So I would suggest removing the directories you added to your PATH.

Also remove any .dll's you added to the system32 folder as again this is not necessary and discouraged.

Because in WAMPServer we can switch between versions of APache / MySQL / PHP, If you add specific folders to the PATH or move specific dll's to folders already on the PATH it destroys this ability and will only cause confusion later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: SQLSRV on Wamp3 + PHP7
Posted by: Mikespo (---.static.optonline.net)
Date: January 05, 2016 02:49PM

Alright, I will keep an eye out for the new extensions; but as far as installing and enabling an extension is concerned, I did everything correctly?; outside of the PATH and System32 situation, which I will rectify now given the points you just made.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.