No tables found in database
Posted by: hmn566 (---.98.120.140.pol.ir)
Date: January 22, 2017 03:23PM

I was using wamp for a while with no problem.
few days ago i wanted to create a new data base and after clicking create new data base i got this messge " No tables found in database " and asked me to create table manually.
I uninstalled wamp and installed it again. same problem. tried another browser same problem.
thinking maybe windows has problem changed it again same message. tried another version no chance.
I don't know what happened which in fresh windows and xampp installation still same problem which i didn't have before.

Please let me know what happened.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No tables found in database
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2017 04:20PM

Hi
Sorry to hear about your problems.

But there is really nothing we can do from here. This does not sound like a WAMPServer issue.

Initially I thought maybe you had deleted something inportant in the \wamp\bin\mysql\mysql{version}\data folder. But as you say you re-installed WAMPServer I guess this is unlikely.

If XAMPP also does the same thing then I do think this points to a PC issue.

Cab you install WAMPServer on a different PC, if that work then it looks like the issue is definitely on your probelm PC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2017 04:36PM

Hi,

hmn566
few days ago i wanted to create a new data base and after clicking create new data base i got this messge " No tables found in database " and asked me to create table manually.
This is the normal method of creating a new database by PhpMyAdmin. Once the database has been created, PhpMyAdmin says: No tables found in database.
This is quite normal; how do you want phpMyAdmin can create tables which it knows nothing.

On the other hand, if you have an SQL file, you must create the database and then import the SQL file into this new database (Import tab of PhpMyAdmin) ; In principle, the SQL file contains all the information needed to create the tables.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: hmn566 (5.238.223.---)
Date: January 22, 2017 06:23PM

Actually i tried Xampp and i had same problem so i made sure problem is by pc.
So i reinstalled my windows and same problem.
Then i tried on another pc and same result !!!
Then i tried Portable version and same problem.
until 3 days ago everthing was fine.

Date: January 22, 2017 06:26PM

Otomaitc this is not normal.
I have been using Wamp for years.
When i create a database it automatically creates tables and it has been this way for years until 3 days ago.
I dont have any sql file and just want to create new database. Thats all

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2017 06:43PM

Hi,

> When i create a database it automatically creates tables and it has been this way for years until 3 days ago

With what tool and how did you create the databases before this problem occurs?

Wampserver itself has never been able to create databases.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 06:46PM by Otomatic.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 22, 2017 07:20PM

When using phpMyAdmin (information you did not specify, but I assume this is what you are using) when you create a new database. The FIRST SCREEN after pressing GO on the create new database shows the text No tables found in database.

Under that text is the `Create Table` Section, where you create the first table within your new database.

Please Please Please. Stop wasting our time, and learn how to use the tools provided.

Alternatively, RTFM a link to which is in my Signature block

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 07:24PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: January 22, 2017 07:39PM

Thanks for your reply Otomatic..
You helped me really.
For 3 days i was expecting some thing from wamp which was not necessary and job was done.

Thanks Again and Again...

Thanks Riggs also you gave me a hint too that every thing was normal.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 08:11PM by hmn566.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.