'Webpage not available' for all pages except homepage
Posted by: rose.foster (---.static.qld.asp.telstra.net)
Date: November 27, 2015 02:43AM

Hi All,

I am attempting to edit my website locally via WAMP. I have installed a duplicate copy of my live site to WAMP and my project is called 'test'

I can access the homepage of my site via localhost/test. However, every other page says 'this webpage is not available'.

When I go to localhost/test/wp-login.php after I've entered my password and submitted the page I get taken to is localhost/test/localhost/test/wp-admin which just shows the WAMPSERVER homepage. I can delete the first 'localhost/test' and get to the wp dashboard but it does a similar thing when I try to edit pages.

eg. I'll click to edit homepage and get taken to

[localhost]

When I delete the first 'http://localhost/test/wp-admin' it takes me to the editing page for that page.

I'm a relative newbie at this but feel like there must be a link between the additional 'localhost/test' being added in the admin area and not being able to view any pages other than the homepage when I am not in the admin area.

Could anyone advise where I could have gone wrong?

I am running the following versions (if it helps)

Apache - 2.4.9
MySQL - 5.6.17
PHP - 5.5.12
Wamp icon colour is green

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'Webpage not available' for all pages except homepage
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2015 09:39AM

Hi,

You must use VirtualHost: The need for Virtual Host

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.